Google Play Services draining battery

HeathG

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
A couple days ago my battery started draining very quickly and it has something to do with Google Play Service I believe. My phone gets really hot even when I'm not using it like something is constantly eating all my resources. The battery drains in about 4 or 5 hours when the phone should be idling. In battery usage Google Player Service takes up around 30 percent and Android System 25 percent.

I've tried reinstalling the Google Play Service, turning off location, fit/motion tracking as well some email syncs though I don't have a lot. I've also turned off all automatic backups. Kind of out of things to try apart from doing a factory reset which will be a huge pain. Anyone run into this problem and find any fixes?

Pics of Battery Usage
https://i.imgur.com/sSi2rss.png
https://i.imgur.com/QT3qK53.png

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't already done so, try these two steps.
  1. Location setting - change it to Battery saving
  2. Shut down and then power phone back on

See if that helps.
I assume your phone is fully stock (if so, what build?) - if not, please provide details of what ROM/kernel you have

HeathG

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
If you haven't already done so, try these two steps.
  1. Location setting - change it to Battery saving
  2. Shut down and then power phone back on

See if that helps.
I assume your phone is fully stock (if so, what build?) - if not, please provide details of what ROM/kernel you have

Thanks for the quick reply, I have tried both of those and have had no change in battery life/usage.

I am using a fully stocked phone, Android version 6.0.1 and the build is MMB30W.

kuoweiwang

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I think it has something to do with what kind of wifi yo are connecting to. Here is my finding,
1. No issue when connecting to 4G LTE
2. My work wifi is fine
3. Xfinity wifi is fine
4. Home comcast wifi, 'google play services' drains battery like crazy