This phone surprised me

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had been wanting to get the Nexus 6 since it first released and ended up not getting it due to the negative comments and reviews. I got a 'used - like new' one on Amazon a couple of months back for $180 and it looked new if you ask me. I use new phones regularly and the Nexus 6 is easily one of my favorite phones. The lack of bloatware on Verizon is awesome. Great signal (hardly ever loses LTE), great battery life, lightweight (V10 is a brick in comparison) and this thing flies on Nougat beta. I am wondering if I just happened to get a good one because I have not experienced any issues at all. Yes, the camera could be better but Camera Zoom FX has solved a lot of my issues with the camera. The default software just did not cut it. Even with all the new phones coming out, I honestly do not feel like the Nexus 6 is dated at all and will continue using it for the foreseeable feature.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I had been wanting to get the Nexus 6 since it first released and ended up not getting it due to the negative comments and reviews. I got a 'used - like new' one on Amazon a couple of months back for $180 and it looked new if you ask me. I use new phones regularly and the Nexus 6 is easily one of my favorite phones. The lack of bloatware on Verizon is awesome. Great signal (hardly ever loses LTE), great battery life, lightweight (V10 is a brick in comparison) and this thing flies on Nougat beta. I am wondering if I just happened to get a good one because I have not experienced any issues at all. Yes, the camera could be better but Camera Zoom FX has solved a lot of my issues with the camera. The default software just did not cut it. Even with all the new phones coming out, I honestly do not feel like the Nexus 6 is dated at all and will continue using it for the foreseeable feature.
You now know what many of us have known for nearly 2 yrs.
I love the size and the performance. Nothing out there that is all around better. The upcoming Pixel XL doesn't look like it will be worth the money to upgrade over the N6. It will likely be too small anyway.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the N6 is hard to beat at current prices. Still enjoying the 6" screen, wireless and turbo charging, dual front speakers and overall performance. Not really excited about the upcoming Pixel phones. Might get the 6p after price drops.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Just remembered that I had a burn in issue from the nav bar but was able to fix with burn in fixer app. Now I hide nav and status bar to prevent burn in.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, the N6 is hard to beat at current prices. Still enjoying the 6" screen, wireless and turbo charging, dual front speakers and overall performance. Not really excited about the upcoming Pixel phones. Might get the 6p after price drops.

Can't wait to have wireless charging back, even though it's a little slow. So nice to be able to lay your phone down and it start charging.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I also bought N6 new in box for $200 on eBay. The phone is excellent. Big but fast. I also bought a Huawei Honor 8 and it is fantastic. Both are unlocked so I have a lot of flexibility on who's network I chose.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I've had my N6 for 16 months now. I love the thing. It's head and shoulders above anything coming out of Apple these days. I'm running Nougat Beta for a couple of months now. Phone is like lightning and battery life has improved a lot. I used to be one of those that wanted the latest and greatest phone out there. I have it now and don't see much coming down the pipeline to beat it.

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I love mine, but I'm actually a little jealous of my wife's 5X because of the size and weight. If it only had Qi charging and IP67 water resistance.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Just got mine in this morning, seems to be running fine so far. It got kind of warm, but I was charging and running updates. It still didn't get as warm as my Pure does during gaming. Man Oh Man, that big beautiful screen, I'm loving it. Getting ready to pop my SIM in and check my signal.

I did sign up for the Nougat beta, but it hasn't been sent to me yet.

For the life of me I can't get it to charge wirelessly. I have seen where cheap wireless pads don't work well with the Nexus 6. And mine are the cheapest of the cheap. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good wireless pad?

Thanks

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Well, got the phone this morning and have put it through everything I can think of and the only thing that's not working is the wireless charging. I have a better charging dock coming(mine were 2-3 years old and cheap). I really hope the wireless charging works as it is one of the reasons I bought this phone. But everything else seems perfect.

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I use a Anker Power Port Qi with my Nexus 6, and it works great. I even have my phone in a case, and don't have any issues.

Center the phone on the horizontal plane, and place it about 1" up on the vertical plane (so the disk contacts the phone about 1" below the center line of the phone).IMG_002672.png

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I hope there is nothing wrong with the phone itself, has me worried.i have a better charging pad coming.i will try the one at my house too,but it's the same pad. My Moto 360 charges fine on them.

Well, I am gonna call it. My phones wireless charging does not work. I got one of these in...

https://www.amazon.com/Turbot-Wireless-Charging-QI-Enabled-Devices-Black/dp/B01EMWJ6Z6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475346273&sr=8-1&keywords=turbot+wireless

which in the reviews there are many with Nexus 6 saying this works perfectly. Since this is one of the main reasons I purchased the phone its going back to Amazon. I really loved the phone, sadness. I guess I will have to try and snag another, but the remaining ones look like they are mostly sold and shipped by 3rd party sellers. Hmmm, wish there was another comparable phone with a 6" screen available!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am gonna call it. My phones wireless charging does not work. I got one of these in...

https://www.amazon.com/Turbot-Wireless-Charging-QI-Enabled-Devices-Black/dp/B01EMWJ6Z6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475346273&sr=8-1&keywords=turbot+wireless

which in the reviews there are many with Nexus 6 saying this works perfectly. Since this is one of the main reasons I purchased the phone its going back to Amazon. I really loved the phone, sadness. I guess I will have to try and snag another, but the remaining ones look like they are mostly sold and shipped by 3rd party sellers. Hmmm, wish there was another comparable phone with a 6" screen available!

That's a shame.