Hi
    I have been considering putting my N6 into retirement for a little while but I am slowly realising that there are no suitable replacements out there. And with android 7 it just works... for a few hours at least.

I would like to ask what kind of battery life your are getting? The standby time seams fine (loosing 1-1.5% an hour) but as soon as i use the screen it goes to hell in a hurry...
    I have a hard time getting 2 hours of SOT. And that is with the screen resolution lowered to 720p

And yes, I did flash the 7.0 rom manually, cleared the cache and installed all my apps from scratch.

So is this what everyone else is experiencing or should I attempt to swap the battery?
    10-10-2016 04:43 AM
    On a typical day (which is me turning on the screen a couple to three times an hour, plus several background apps), I go from 6am til 2 or 3pm before I feel the need to charge up. If I had light usage, I could probably go 15 hours, from 6am to around 9pm. On average with every phone one had in the past except one, my 2nd gen moto X.. That thing was terrible. I am not unhappy with the battery life I'm getting.. You gotta remember that a high resolution 6 inch screen is gonna drain faster then a 5 inch screen.
    10-10-2016 02:47 PM
    4 hours minimum SOT is what i get. Running stock 7.0 rooted and debloated.
    joshua.worth likes this.
    10-11-2016 03:25 AM
    Some days I get two hours of screen-on time. Other days I get four.

It just depends on how the phone is used - reading forums over dark-themed Tapatalk, for example, is usually a day when I notice higher than average SoT, but watching a lot of YouTube (a lot of radio usage and brighter colors) results in quicker battery drain.
    10-11-2016 02:59 PM
    How do you lower the res to 720?

On a regular weekday, my phone almost always makes a full day on a charge.. 6:15 AM to 10:30 PM, and I consider myself a heavy user. I keep the screen brightness at a reasonable level. The phone usually does turn on battery saving mode sometime after 9:00 PM.

I only have small handful of apps from the playstore. 90% of my app usage comes from phone, messenger, gmail, calendar, maps, chrome, drive (plus sheets, docs), and camera/photos.

I do have Netflix, HBOGo, and Amazon Video, and Pandora, but I don't stream those to the phone very often, rather, I just use the phone to start casting to my TV.

My battery drains pretty quickly when I use Maps Navigation, and I have a charger in the car that I only use when navigating for extended periods.

I don't have/use facebook or twitter, and I don't use widgets.
    10-12-2016 11:01 AM
    I usually get 5+ hrs SoT on N with black substratum theme. Mostly Tapatalk, MX player, Spotify, texting and web browsing.
    10-16-2016 09:12 PM
    I usually get 5+ hrs SoT on N with black substratum theme. Mostly Tapatalk, MX player, Spotify, texting and web browsing.
    Damm, wish I could get half that.

Besides the poor battery life I absolutely love the device. It runs like a champ with N.
    kct1975 likes this.
    10-17-2016 05:09 PM
    Damm, wish I could get half that.

Besides the poor battery life I absolutely love the device. It runs like a champ with N.
    Pure Nexus ROM and Flash kernel helped improve battery life but I was already getting ~ 4 hrs SoT over full day before custom ROM and kernel.
    10-17-2016 11:17 PM
    Hi. I updated to Android 7 just over a week ago. For the first few days after the update, my battery life seem worse. After that, it's now gotten better then what I had running Android 6. If you're having really bad battery life, it sounds like you probably do need to have your battery replaced.
    10-18-2016 06:55 AM
    Be sure to turn off location history that improved my screen on time from 3 hours to 5 hours and that's watching lots of YouTube and HBO Now
    10-18-2016 09:36 PM