Still haven't received 7.0?

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious if I'm alone. I did have the Beta, but uninstalled it approx a month ago. My phone is still in the July security patch.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I never joined the beta program and I'm still on 6.0 using my Verizon N6. I did receive the October security update a few days ago however.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious if I'm alone. I did have the Beta, but uninstalled it approx a month ago. My phone is still in the July security patch.

I joined the Beta Program and got the update almost immediately. From what I'm told, you can quite the beta program and keep 7.0. So that's an easier option than side loading.

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I joined the Beta Program and got the update almost immediately. From what I'm told, you can quite the beta program and keep 7.0. So that's an easier option than side loading.

I did that thinking the same, but I'm back on Marshmallow. It's very frustrating.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Got it yesterday, my SIM died immediately after, service on Sprint, restarted phone several times, tried almost everything, nothing. SIM works with LTE for about 5 minutes or less after restarting, very frustrating.

Went to Sprint store, they're lost, will send me a new SIM since N6 SIMs are not kept in stock, no stores had them around.

Anyway, have 7.0, but no working phone, seems I'm the only one after reading the forums! :(

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Got it yesterday, my SIM died immediately after, service on Sprint, restarted phone several times, tried almost everything, nothing. SIM works with LTE for about 5 minutes or less after restarting, very frustrating.

Went to Sprint store, they're lost, will send me a new SIM since N6 SIMs are not kept in stock, no stores had them around.

Anyway, have 7.0, but no working phone, seems I'm the only one after reading the forums! :(

I still haven't received the OTA. I'm wondering if me opting out of the Beta is causing in some way.

rsimandl

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I never opted into the Beta in the first place, still don't have 7.0 (though my LTE Nexus 9 tablet got it last week). So opting out of the Beta isn't the problem.

I did get an October security patch for Android 6, but no Android 7.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Side loaded a couple weeks ago and already have a couple pages of cats lol. Feeding the cats is easily the best feature of 7.0.

I'll be keeping this phone at least another year, possibly two. Only way I'll get 8.0 is third party so it's good to keep the adb commands fresh. Side loading is way easier than rooting and flashing custom ROMs which it will come to eventually. There's no reason they couldn't update this phone another year or two. It performs very nicely on 7.0 and could on 8+ for sure.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: The Endless controversy between the users, who want the Nougat
ASAP and other-1s who don't want installed for fears of inject bugs
on their phones: Rumours that "N" will be in Nov-2016 or Jan-2017

Last edited:

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Side loaded a couple weeks ago and already have a couple pages of cats lol. Feeding the cats is easily the best feature of 7.0.

I'll be keeping this phone at least another year, possibly two. Only way I'll get 8.0 is third party so it's good to keep the adb commands fresh. Side loading is way easier than rooting and flashing custom ROMs which it will come to eventually. There's no reason they couldn't update this phone another year or two. It performs very nicely on 7.0 and could on 8+ for sure.

Agreed, I wish these phones received 3 minimum official support for major updates not just security. It should be incentive for buying Nexus/Pixel.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams