Nexus 6 Parody of Pixel Promo

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
This isn't as big of a deal as you're making it. Nougat is an outstanding OS, and the phones will continue to get security updates.

Even if a major OS update ("O") is released sometime in year three, please explain how that's such a massively crippling issue for people who still choose to use this phone.

Also, your very last sentence in the previous post seems to undermine your whole argument.

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
This isn't as big of a deal as you're making it. Nougat is an outstanding OS, and the phones will continue to get security updates.

Even if a major OS update ("O") is released sometime in year three, please explain how that's such a massively crippling issue for people who still choose to use this phone.

Also, your very last sentence in the previous post seems to undermine your whole argument.

It does not...I bought the Nexus 6p because as a cheap "$400.00" stand in for the Note 7 it should last a year. My whole premise is and still is that Google offering 2 years of software support for 700.00 phones is shameful...that has not changed. Because I don't agree with their business practice for software and I buy a $400.00 phone vs a $700.00 phone merely shows that for $400.00 I can deal with it temporarily since I plan on using it for a year.

The pixel XL start at 700.00 and for that price they ought to come with 4 year phone support for software. The 2 year soft ware support and size caused me to buy a Note 7. The Note 7 failure inspired me to buy a Nexus 6P 5.7" screen for 449.00 64 gig version fully aware that I will be buying it for a year.

I wanted a 5.7" or larger phone, and my top choice is a Note series. A software company like Google should be supporting it's software more than 2 years that's it. Check around a lot of tech sites mentioned this as well. This article is all about the Pixel parody is it not. I will not buy a 5.5" great software phone for just a 2 year run. I like Google's pure android speed, but I prefer better hardware from now on with a larger screen over vanilla Android for 2 years.

My last statement in its pure context states that for a year a 400.00 is more palatable for 2 years than a half baked 700.00+ phone.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The pixel XL start at 700.00 and for that price they ought to come with 4 year phone support for software.
Price, schmice. Your basic point about Google needing to step up to four years of OS support for Pixels is warranted by 1) Google's insistence that Pixels are not Nexus phones; 2) their claim that Pixels are not produced for developers but for general consumers (aka, iPhone users); 3) their decision to bake 24/7 support into the Pixel phones' UX; and 4) their obvious attempts to match the physical design, price and provenance (i.e., "made by Google") of the iPhone 7 & 7 Plus in the Pixel and Pixel XL.

Two years of support was fine for Nexus phones since Nexus phones were understood to be built for developers first and for general consumers after the fact. Pixel phones, on the other hand, are an attempt to offer the same let-us-do-the-work-for-you ethos (i.e., dummyproofing) that Apple has worked hard at over the years to conflate with their corporate image. If Google wants to convince everyone that their products are every bit as user friendly and reliable as Apple's, they can't conveniently stop at price and design.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm so tired of buying expensive smartphones. As soon as I don't need an expensive smartphone, I'm going to teach all these expensive smartphone making guys a lesson and quit buying expensive smartphones.

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6 was the best phone I ever used. I also have Nexus 4 and 5 but the six was amazing. I upgraded to Google pixel but I never give in my Nexus devices. My Nexus 6 is in my collection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12