7.0 broke my SIM card on Sprint

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Received my update yesterday, SIM card stopped working right after the update, after rebooting the phone several times, SIM card with LTE works for less than 5 minutes, but goes dead again every time.

Long story short, store didn't do much, almost totally lost if you don't have an iphone, called Sprint CS and they're sending me a new SIM card. No idea if that will fix the issue, have the feeling it won't. Never had an issue with a SIM card on my N6.

Will keep you posted. Also, let me know if anyone else has had this issue with 7.0 update.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If a new SIM card doesn't fix the issue, it's not a bad SIM card, it's a bad SIM port in the phone - and the phone has to go into a shop to be repaired.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Received a new SIM today, nothing, phone doesn't work, was with chat then on a landline for about 2 hrs and nothing. The real question is, how does Nougat break the SIM port on the Nexus 6?

It sounds to me like software, is just not working properly on some phones, mine is one of them.
They will send me another SIM replacement, I'm sure it won't work just like my previous 2 SIM cards.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
From Bootloader performed both Factory Reset/Wipe Data & Wipe Cache Data. Then took it to Sprint Store for them to re-install a new SIM card, still didn't work.

Short story, yes, there is something on the particular hardware on my phone that made this happen, what is it, I have no idea. I purchased this phone directly from Sprint, so this phone is the real thing, just in case someone may think this could be a fake or even refurbished, never even tried rooting this phone.

Also, I know of another person with the same issue on same phone with Sprint I found on the Google forums. From what I can find, other users seem not to have this same issue, so this could be contained to just a very few units, other people seem to have moved to Nougat without a SIM Card Locked message.

I miss my N6 though, had to go back to my LG G3 for now, so bad when comparing both.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Took it to T-Mobile, the person took their own iphone SIM card and it worked on the N6 immediately, they were even able to make a call.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure, but it seems Sprint just doesn't play well with current N6 with 7.0, only know of another user in Sprint with same exact issue, but there is no one else denying this issue.

Long story short, had T-Mobile buy me out from Sprint, but they took my N6. Got the cheapest phone available through T-Mobile and surprisingly it is actually free every month due to a credit for the same amount.

Of course didn't keep that one, found me a used N6 and it works perfectly on T-Mobile, 7.0 is no issue with this network at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles