Still very satisfied with my Nexus 6,anyone else?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So after trying out a Oneplus 3, ZTE Axon 7, and Samsung Note 5, in back to using my Nexus 6 as my daily driver. I couldn't find anything about any of these other phones that was really that much of an improvement, the Oneplus 3 and Axon 7 both had weaker cell radios or antenna strength, the Note 5 was OK, touch wiz wasn't so bad but I never really found a lot of use for the main selling point of the Note, the S Pen, and after a year with my Nexus 6 I've gotten so use to the screen size ( read : getting older easier to read on the larger screen) so really right now I see nothing out there worth upgrading to, the Pixel XL is intriguing but can not justify the price, to me anyway. So I'm sticking with my Nexus 6, I have had absolutely no problems with this phone, 64gb is enough storage for my needs and the cell signal strength has been the best of all the above mentioned phones I tried. Anyone still content with keeping their Nexus 6?

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So after trying out a Oneplus 3, ZTE Axon 7, and Samsung Note 5, in back to using my Nexus 6 as my daily driver. I couldn't find anything about any of these other phones that was really that much of an improvement, the Oneplus 3 and Axon 7 both had weaker cell radios or antenna strength, the Note 5 was OK, touch wiz wasn't so bad but I never really found a lot of use for the main selling point of the Note, the S Pen, and after a year with my Nexus 6 I've gotten so use to the screen size ( read : getting older easier to read on the larger screen) so really right now I see nothing out there worth upgrading to, the Pixel XL is intriguing but can not justify the price, to me anyway. So I'm sticking with my Nexus 6, I have had absolutely no problems with this phone, 64gb is enough storage for my needs and the cell signal strength has been the best of all the above mentioned phones I tried. Anyone still content with keeping their Nexus 6?
I am in agreement with you. I have had my Nexus 6 since March of 2014, and I am still very happy with it.

Like you, right now I don't have any desire to upgrade.

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I was very content with my N6, but I have cracked the screen. Now I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it to fix it or just replace it.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I am getting the urge to want to upgrade due to coming up to the end of my 2 year contract, however the phones out there aren't interesting me in terms of pure Android. 6P and Pixel XL don't seem worth the jump. However I do like the look of the LG V20 but feel I'd regret leaving stock Android. Plus I'm happy with the Nexus 6, but worry it will eventually want to go to bed as usually batteries die after 2 years (have been before the 2 years in the past with other handsets).

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I am in agreement with you. I have had my Nexus 6 since March of 2014, and I am still very happy with it.

Like you, right now I don't have any desire to upgrade.
You got yours 6 months before anyone else?

Anyway, I still love mine and have no plans to upgrade to anything else. It's actually way more phone than I'll ever need. I'm not a power user. But even if I was, I'm confident it would be just fine. The front speakers are loud, and the screen is big and beautiful. And it is still a very fast phone. I may keep it until it dies.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
but worry it will eventually want to go to bed as usually batteries die after 2 years (have been before the 2 years in the past with other handsets).
If you fully discharge your phone every day, then yeah, 2 years is about right. Batteries can only fully discharge and charge so many times before they die. I rarely go below 65% in a day, so I should get at least 4 years. I'm not one of those people that spend every waking moment on my phone.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
If you fully discharge your phone every day, then yeah, 2 years is about right. Batteries can only fully discharge and charge so many times before they die. I rarely go below 65% in a day, so I should get at least 4 years. I'm not one of those people that spend every waking moment on my phone.
I get to 15% when the phone warns me and then charge, to be honest this battery seems the best I've ever had.

But Doze could be a major factor in that placebo

Android_Fan_1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I was very content with my N6, but I have cracked the screen. Now I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it to fix it or just replace it.

I'm in the same boat as well. Thinking about jumping to the Nexus 6P but right now it is being priced still from when it first came out so I don't know if I should get a new one or replace the screen.

moke

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my second and running on Fi.

Lovin' it.

Bought first from Craigslist for $160 but it didn't seem to appreciate my van rolling over it and the screen took the brunt of that (I thought these had Gorilla Glass...).

Second came from eBay for $150 and I think I might get another when prices drop a little more, or a 6p or pixel as a backup.

I wish battery was larger, but then I wish my wheelchair had an airbag suspension...

8)

enginuity

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I can only find a few things that new phones have over the N6; Better SoC (Snapdragon 820, Adreno 530), more ram (by 1gb in most cases), Quick Charge 3.0 (which is more "efficient" and not necessarily faster), and fast wireless charging.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just went back to the nexus 6. Had it when it first came out, but sold it due to the jumpy auto focus with videos. But video taking is not that important to me any more. So I went back. The screen size, and front facing speakers are the main reasons. Also it still gets and can run the latest android versions. But main reason is the price, it's now cheaper than a top of the line mid range phone yet can easily hold its own against any of those. IMO