Google Now Launcher Crashing

Jay Pr

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
For a week now the Google Now Launcher has been crashing, causing the keyboard to freeze. When it does crash, the current app will exit, pop back up, and launcher will appear in recent apps.

AT&T Nexus 6, Android 7.0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried going to Settings>Apps, tapping Menu>Show System, selecting Google Now Launcher, and Clearing Cache/Data? Be aware that this will wipe your homescreens clean, so you'll have to set them up again.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
For a week now the Google Now Launcher has been crashing, causing the keyboard to freeze. When it does crash, the current app will exit, pop back up, and launcher will appear in recent apps.

Been having a lot of crashes too recently

Last edited:

Jay Pr

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I cleared the launcher cache and everything else. It still proceeded to crash.

I uninstalled several apps and that seemed to have fixed it for now. Trying now to zone in on which app caused the issue.

gwap

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I gave up and installed the Pixel launcher because of the crashing and I tried everything. It even crashes after a hard reset and no third-party apps on the phone.