It's gone quiet.....

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
After selling off many of my "newer" phones; The N6 is only one left which handles Wi-Fi calling with Mint [a T-Mobile mvno] flawlessly.
A bit large for my ideal phone, associated wallet handles all necessary items due to it's size. So there is that for upside. In addition to being one of the faster phones around....all n all was a decent purchase.
Think updates stop end of this year...will cross that bridge when I come to it.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
well I hate to admit it but I am gonna have to change. just been on holiday and the ability of the phone to let you down on photos is unacceptable. I am running latest security patches etc standard rom. I factory reset about 3 weeks before and loaded the bare apps needed for day to day.

phone is so intermittent. I absolutely love it but then all of a sudden it won't save a photo, struggles with hdr processing etc. I have had to revert to the missus Moto play to get a couple of family photos despite a cache reset and soft reset whilst away.

i am tempted with the mate 9 now. or wait for the upcoming xiamo releases.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
well I hate to admit it but I am gonna have to change. just been on holiday and the ability of the phone to let you down on photos is unacceptable. I am running latest security patches etc standard rom. I factory reset about 3 weeks before and loaded the bare apps needed for day to day.

phone is so intermittent. I absolutely love it but then all of a sudden it won't save a photo, struggles with hdr processing etc. I have had to revert to the missus Moto play to get a couple of family photos despite a cache reset and soft reset whilst away.

i am tempted with the mate 9 now. or wait for the upcoming xiamo releases.

Gave up on my N6 mostly because I was tired of missing out photos, so I feel you. In the end I'm so glad I changed now - initially, I wanted to wait for the Pixel 2 to come out.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
well that's it. I've ordered a Huawei mate 9. may still hang onto the N6 for old time sake, else it's on eBay! been a pleasure for most of it but can't handle the lag and camera issues.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So I am sorry to report that my Nexus 6 "bit the dust"

A week ago the screen got shattered and after going through the Asuron insurance, I now have a Samsung Note 5.

While I miss my beloved Nexus 6, I do have to admit that the battery was starting to die and it was staring to act up a bit.

I will miss my beloved Nexus 6, but for now I am trying to get aquanted with my new Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So I am sorry to report that my Nexus 6 "bit the dust"

A week ago the screen got shattered and after going through the Asuron insurance, I now have a Samsung Note 5.

While I miss my beloved Nexus 6, I do have to admit that the battery was starting to die and it was staring to act up a bit.

I will miss my beloved Nexus 6, but for now I am trying to get aquanted with my new Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
I'm sorry your Nexus 6 died. 😞

I hope you'll like your new Note 5. 😊

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry your Nexus 6 died.

I hope you'll like your new Note 5.
Thanks!

So far so good...I do like the screen and it does seem very 'Snappy'.

Also right now I am am in the process of trying to Googlefie it as much as possible and deSamsung fie it as much as possible

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

So far so good...I do like the screen and it does seem very 'Snappy'.

Also right now I am am in the process of trying to Googlefie it as much as possible and deSamsung fie it as much as possible
I'd suggest Nova Launcher. I use the Prime version on all my Android devices, even those running stock Android.

killer428

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Still using my white Nexus 6 approaching year 3 and loving it. Waiting for the pixel 2 xl or the Essential phone. Got to see what they offer.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
How many people have moved on from the N6 and what did you pick?

I'm still with it and wouldn't be tempted to leave at the moment if it wasn't for the intermittent lag, almost daily. Spending a lot of time rebooting and clearing the cache!

In January of this year I moved on to a Phab 2 Pro and while the phone was pretty decent it has not received one update and it appears to have been abandoned by Lenovo. I now have a Samsung Note 8 on order.

ranibane0309

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Still using nexus 6 (64gb, android 7.1.1). It has the same issues - missing photos, half saved photos , hanging while saving pictures and general sluggishness from pretty much the start. A phone with 3gb ram should be snappy but it's not at all snappy.
All this while I used to think I probably got a defective handset but after reading this threads it seems other users have faced the same issues. Why did google/Motorola never fix it ? Any other suggestions to improve performance are welcome