My camera has stopped working on my nexus 6, Android 7

RKnapton

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
The camera app acts like it wants to start, but will not. Not only has my camera stopped working, my flashlight has disappeared. I installed other flashlight apps, but none of them work. In the camera app I forced stop, cleared data and cash. Didn't help. I also have Avast anti virus which is always wanting to remove excess files. I don't remove anything using Avast.

BradTheGeek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You could try backing the phone up and flashing it, but I doubt it will help. Install this app and see if it lists your front and back cameras: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.dama.hardwareinfo&hl=en&token=c0IeUn7_

If one camera is missing then it is almost certainly a hardware issue (bad sensor, loose cable, etc). If both are missing it could be a controller chip has failed, or strange corruption in the OS (which a factory reset would fix).

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
My rear camera stopped working a while ago but I have a camera app called Open Camera which starts on the front camera which works fine. Any other app that starts in the rear camera mode fails right away. I downloaded the hardware info app above and the rear camera is not detected, so it's a hardware issue.