Hi everyone, one of my first posts here so please be gentle with me.

I don't use Google Now and like to have a dialler shortcut on my lock screen. So, I've previously changed the bottom left lock screen shortcut from Google Now to a dialler shortcut by going to settings-apps-settings-assist & voice input and changing the Assist App setting to "none".

What started happening some time ago is that every time I restart the phone, the shortcut in the bottom left of the lock screen reverts back to Google Now. If I then go back into the Assist & voice input section, "none" is still selected as the assist app. By just going back into this assist & voice input section (but not changing anything), the dialler shortcut comes back onto the lock screen - until I next restart the phone.

Is there a solution?
    09-16-2017 01:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This isn't a direct solution, but I'm curious -- how often do you restart (or completely power off) your phone? It's generally not necessary, unless the phone seems to be acting up. If you restart it less often, you'll have to deal with this inconvenience less often as well.
    09-17-2017 03:23 AM
    Thanks for the welcome and reply. I try to restart at least once a week - the phone tends to get slightly laggy if I don't, and occasionally I have to restart if a specific app is misbehaving.

At the moment I'm suspecting this is an Android bug? Do you think there is there any (Google) app (e.g. Google Now) I can disable or uninstall to fix the issue?
    09-17-2017 08:17 AM
    It sounds like a bug, and I can't think of which system app might be the one responsible. Even if I did know which app it was, it would probably be a little risky to disable it, if it's related to the lockscreen.

Have you tried any 3rd party lockscreen apps?
    09-17-2017 01:25 PM
    No I haven't actually, but now that you mention it, I will give some a try and report back - thanks again
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-18-2017 03:57 PM
    I tried some lock screen apps but wasn't happy with the results. I guess I will just have to hope Google fixes the bug, although with updates ceased for for the Nexus 6 I'm not hopeful it will be.

Can anyone advise if this is a specific bug to the Nexus 6, or does it affect all pure Android phones at the moment?
    09-28-2017 02:30 PM