Why don't i have audio for my Nexus 6 anymore?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I updated my phone a day ago to Android 7.1.1. Everything was going fine today until I realized that I stopped hearing Waze during my commute. I discovered that I can't hear any media or voicenotes at all. After noticing that I also couldn't leave voicenotes, I tried a phonecall which also doesn't work since apparently the mic is acting up too. I can only use the speakerphone feature. Is this hardware or software related? And how can I fix it??

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
You can try plugging into the headphone jack. Even an adapter might work. I can remember people reporting volume cutout problems that were somehow connected to the wiring to the headphone jack. Search this forum, and you might find more specific info.

anon(10338289)

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
You can try plugging into the headphone jack. Even an adapter might work. I can remember people reporting volume cutout problems that were somehow connected to the wiring to the headphone jack. Search this forum, and you might find more specific info.

Hi, I actually posted the question and plugging in my headphones really worked! Thanks a lot =)