Battery charging/not charging, 60% / full.

laserone

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a Motorola Nexus 6 running 6.0.1. Not rooted. Lately I've been having charging problems. I don't think the charging port is dead because sometimes it will charge all the way and sometimes it will charge partially.

But I will charge it all night and then when I wake up in the morning it's at 60-something percent. So then I move the charger to a wall outlet, no longer plugged into an extension cord, and sometimes that makes it work, other times not.

When I plug it in, at the top of the home screen it shows it is charging. But the lock screen says it's not charging. I can leave it plugged into the wall charger into the wall, this is with the proper charger that came with it, and it just won't charge. But sometimes it will!

I tried turning off the phone and charging it while the phone was off. The animated symbol on the off screen showed the symbol of a battery that was at about 80% and charging even though the home screen percentage said 60 something percent. And then later on I looked and the symbol on the off screen showed a hundred percent battery. So I turn the phone back on and it's at 68%. WTH.

Once in awhile, when I try to charge it, the icon at the top of the screen will not show that it's charging, but that's rare. But **more often than not what's happening is that the icon at the top shows that it is charging but it actually isn't.**

The icon at the top of the home screen says it's charging but the lock screen says it's not. (?!) On the lock screen, when I'm charging the phone, or let me put it this way, on the lock screen when I have the phone plugged in, the lock screen that pops up is related to "Speed Cleaner" which, supposedly, helps me manage things like overheating and better battery management. But maybe that app does nothing. And maybe it's the one thing causing all these problems.

I know this is an awful long wall of text but the more information I give, the more likely it is somebody knows what's going on. Thanks in advance. (I don't have the money for a new phone and I don't want to get rid of this Nexus 6, my all-time favorite phone.)

laserone

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I rebooted it into safe mode and charged it overnight and it worked perfectly. Showed charging right away and was at 100% this morning. I also uninstalled that app Speed Cleaner. Not sure what the next step is, but I will look again at that support article you link to. (Thanks!)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The next step would be to reboot (which will exit Safe Mode) and see if the odd charging behavior returns -- if it does, that means that the app that's causing the problem is still there. You may need to keep uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away (but you wouldn't have to boot into Safe Mode each time to do that).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12