Why can't I hear any phone calls?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone is a Nexus 6 running Android 7.1.1 with all available updates installed. Recently, I cannot hear *any* audio during phone calls, not from the earpiece and not from the speaker. I tested them with other audio sources besides phone (like podcast) and they work fine, so it isn't a hardware problem. I've reset the phone (including resetting bootloader) a number of times. I reset all app preferences, and then reset the phone a number of times and it still isn't working. I installed "SoundAbout" to try to fix the problem, and tried many combinations of settings, and it still doesn't work.

I've seen this problem reported before, and I've tried everything recommended and it still doesn't work. It's just so weird!

Any ideas?

markr33

Jan 21, 2019
Visit site
I tied safe mode as well, but still can't hear audio (neither earpiece or speaker) during calls. Is there anyone at Google who I can contact?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What about wired or Bluetooth headsets? I doubt you'll be able to find anyone at Google who can help -- that's a pretty old phone that they're not really supporting any more. You could try bringing it to a local repair shop instead.

I can also move this to the Nexus 6 forum, if you'd prefer, for more specific traffic.

markr33

Jan 21, 2019
Visit site
What about wired or Bluetooth headsets? I doubt you'll be able to find anyone at Google who can help -- that's a pretty old phone that they're not really supporting any more. You could try bringing it to a local repair shop instead.

Never used a wired or bluetooth headset. Bluetooth is off. It's a secondary phone that is rarely used, but my wife is using it right now, or trying to use it, because she lost her phone.

Doesn't need "repair" since I already verified the hardware using apps other than "phone". It's just a weird software issue.

I can also move this to the Nexus 6 forum, if you'd prefer, for more specific traffic.

Sure! Thanks. Just send me a new link so I can find it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech