Screen Protector Thread

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
ad55c910-d4aa-1975.jpg
I have the Zagg on my Nexus 7 and haven't seen any "rainbow" effect.
I got the rainbow effect on my Thunderbolt using a Zagg screen protector. The rainbow effect on zaggs goes way in most cases and is not an uncommon byproduct of zagg.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I really, really, REALLY like the XO Skin on my Nexus 7. It went on easy, once it dried all the little bubbles went away and it isn't tacky like some other ones I've used. Its almost like it isn't there.

There's a complete write-up over on my site here and a link to buy if you are interested.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Skinomi and it's fantastic. It went on very easily (and I've always struggled with wet installs), and left no bubbles or streaks behind. I do have a couple specks of dust under the protector (but that's my fault). Best wet install protector that I've used.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Spigen SGP screen protectors have been released. The price is rather steep at $21.99 and $24.99. For those of you that has used them on other devices, are they worth it?

Google Nexus 7 Premium LCD Protection Film Steinheil Series - Google - Tablets

I used Steinheil screen protectors on my Nexus S. They are high quality, and are "hard" (easy to slide finger across) as stated. I don't know if they are good enough to justify that price, however. I got two N7 screen protectors for under $9 shipped and am very happy with the quality: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2028200

Sent from my Nexus 7

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I have used ZAGG on every cell phone I have ever owned. I have NEVER!!!! had one peel, chip, fade etc.....and I keep my phones at least 2 years.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

So I installed this one a few days ago and have been using it since.

Installation was easy, I didn't get it on straight the first time but I was able to remove it and reapply it without any dust getting under it.

The screen feels more slippery but I'm sure as it gets broken in from the oils from my hand it will feel normal again. This thing picks up fingerprints fast just like the bare glass but screen quality does not seem compromised (I have the washed out screen issue on my tablet).The cut out for the camera and ambient light sensor is weird since it looks like a earpiece cutout. For how cheap it is, I have no issues with it.

psxjunky

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I used the Xtremeguard and the screen was indeed non-responsive immediately after the application. However, after just an hour of drying the responsiveness increased ... and now that is has been a couple days since I applied it, it is as if the protector is not there at all. The screen is EXACTLY as responsive it was without the protector on.

So those of you applying the Xtremeguard ... PLEASE WAIT AT LEAST A COUPLE HOURS before turning the device on and testing for screen responsiveness.

psxjunky

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of any brink and mortar stores that have them yet?

Are you asking about the Xtremeguard? I don't know if they sell this in brick and mortar stores (I doubt it), but I placed the order from the link below and got it in just a couple days. For $7.50 with FREE shipping, I am certainly not complaining. In fact I am amazed to see that other companies are charging $20 or more for essentially the same product AND then they are tacking on additional shipping fees on top of it !!!

Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet Screen Protectors and Full Body Skins | XtremeGuard

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking about the Xtremeguard? I don't know if they sell this in brick and mortar stores (I doubt it), but I placed the order from the link below and got it in just a couple days. For $7.50 with FREE shipping, I am certainly not complaining. In fact I am amazed to see that other companies are charging $20 or more for essentially the same product AND then they are tacking on additional shipping fees on top of it !!!

Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet Screen Protectors and Full Body Skins | XtremeGuard

I paid 6.75 I believe for 2 nexus 7 and 2 gnex screen protectors from xtremeguard

Removing some of the bubbles I accidently hit power button and wanted to turn it off but indeed screen is completely unresponsive.

I also messed up and there is a bit of screen protector that went above screen and is sticking to gray part above camera, yet the bottom seems to be well aligned I dont know how i got that little bit on top to be out of place

I will have to wait for both my devices to dry up because to me this was probably the worst install ever, lots of bubbles, wasnt aligning too well etc Cant recall first sp I used but the last one for my phone was skinomi and it went on easy

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Just checked and the coupon code still works on their site xtremeguard.com

coupon code xtreme75 must have at least 2 items in cart..so cheapest would be 2 nexus 7 sp for 3.75 or mix and match and add one for your phone and one for nexus

future_nobody

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Got the Zagg one today. I swear to god I'm incompetent when it comes to screen protectors. It looks perfect except for two tiny dust particles that cause little bumps in on the screen. Argh, and I'm too anal for that not to bug me.

Reactions: geo2mem

psxjunky

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Just checked and the coupon code still works on their site xtremeguard.com

coupon code xtreme75 must have at least 2 items in cart..so cheapest would be 2 nexus 7 sp for 3.75 or mix and match and add one for your phone and one for nexus

Thank you VERY much for the coupon code! It worked for me and I bought a whole bunnch of other screen protectors from them ... even some for a phone that I have not bought yet (but planning to) :)

Thanks again !

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you VERY much for the coupon code! It worked for me and I bought a whole bunnch of other screen protectors from them ... even some for a phone that I have not bought yet (but planning to) :)

Thanks again !

No problem, how long did it take for your screen responsiveness to come back, its been 24 urs and mine is still out of whack...takes me several attempts just to unlock screen, many bubbles as well. Asking because since I have a spare I might decide to apply a new one

Reactions: F34R

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1