Screen Protector Thread

psxjunky

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using a screen protector that actually protects and all functions are usable? thanks

I am using the Xtreguardz on mine, and do not have any issues with responsiveness whatsoever. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it did take several hours after the initial installation to get back full responsiveness, but since after about a day touch sensitivity has been same as without any screen protectors.

13ringinheat

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a clarivue screen protector for my nexus. I have had that screen protector for my evo 3d and if it's anything like the one on evo it should be great. I don't like the rubbery feel of the invisible shield or best screen ever protectors and with them on you can tell you have a screen protector on IMO. The clarivue protector for my evo3d feels like glass to the touch and you can't tell that there is a protector on the screen unless you look at the corners. I will type up a review once I receive it in the mail.

future_nobody

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I rest my case. It appears I am NOT the ONLY one who found out the expensive way that ZAGG is not the best for this tablet. I do have ZAGG on 3 phones & I swear by those, but using it on my tablet......it BLOWS!!!! Unresponsive touch, can't swipe, can't even use a stylus.......it cost me 22$..I am livid.....I finally got so mad, I just took it off, and everything worked beautifully again. Anyone using a screen protector that actually protects and all functions are usable? thanks

I did the exact thing with my Zagg. What a waste.

ZacharyZween

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I got a Skinomi techskin and was pretty disapponted with it. Even after all the bubbles finally went away, the screen was pretty mankey looking. Fingerprints stood out and it got really easily marked up. I missed the silky feeling of the glass, too.

I'm going to get another one with the lifetime warranty and see if it's better. Maybe I put it on wrong or it was a defective one. I'll update when I do.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have recommendations for sweaty/sticky palms? I heard the matte finish is great on screen protectors. I'm always playing games and such, I hate it when I can't smoothly glide my fingers across the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

kajunklown

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using ionic.... I love it, it is crystal clear and doesn't interfere with the touch performance at all.

sending this out with the Nexus 7!!

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought an anti-glare/anti-fingerprint one from Techarmor, because it was one of the cheapest Prime options :p

Before/After:
51oNUgMwmRL._AA300_.jpg
51rmOF1zK8L._AA300_.jpg

Of course, that's right after I put it on, so there were no fingerprints. Does a decent job at diffusing glare, but there's a noticeable degradation in screen quality. Fingerprints don't show up when the screen is bright enough, but it's definitely not anti-fingerprint.

Anyone else try any "anti-glare" protectors? Do they always cause degradation in screen quality?

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought an anti-glare/anti-fingerprint one from Techarmor, because it was one of the cheapest Prime options :p

Before/After:
Click to view quoted image

Of course, that's right after I put it on, so there were no fingerprints. Does a decent job at diffusing glare, but there's a noticeable degradation in screen quality. Fingerprints don't show up when the screen is bright enough, but it's definitely not anti-fingerprint.

Anyone else try any "anti-glare" protectors? Do they always cause degradation in screen quality?

I have a Fomso anti-glare matte screen protector. The screen quality s the very first thing I noticed. It dropped like from amazing to good. It s pretty smooth on the touch though...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Before/After:

Sorry this is OT, but where did you find National Geographic?

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
im still going commando but looking to invest in a screen protector. You guys have listed numerous protectors but haven't sold me on any particular one.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
@dmmarck Got it from Zinio. Earlier this spring, they had a free $25 magazine credit with new accounts, so I made like 5 accounts lol. Nat Geo was one of the subs I got for free.

Not sure they'll have another deal like that, as but they're not terribly overpriced, and they have a huge selection of mags to choose from.

Deltanite

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to chime in and thank everyone for their personal opinions and experiences. Looks like I'll be going with Spigen for my N7 (when I get one soon) and SG3!

lescarpio

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I would highly recommend the HD-Anti Glare SP from BodyGuardZ. It's the first time I've ever gotten a screen protector from BodyGuardZ, and I'm pleased with it. It give the screen an LCD glare fighting look. It's also held up against some small blemishes. I used to always purchase Zagg Invisible Shields, but I couldn't deal with the rubbery feeling anymore, and glare was horrible. I still have an Invisible Shield on my Zune HD, and now it has started peeling.

The BodyGuardZ on my Nexus 7 feels sturdy and smooth. My fingers don't get caught up or drag. And it's simple to clean nasty finger prints from my gf's baby brother.

Plus: no problems with finger tracking or screen function, like some have reported.

lescarpio

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Before/After:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oNUgMwmRL._AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rmOF1zK8L._AA300_.jpg

Yeah, seems like it. I put a "HD" Antiglare screen protector on my Nexus 7: same result. Quality went from great to OK. I also have a 3M Screen protector for my HTC Thunderbolt and same deal: quality went from good to just OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance