Screen Protector Thread

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
After you all get your protectors please post some pictures of the final result. I am still undecided about what to do.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Add ArmorSuit to the list.

I put this on a few days ago (wet application). It took about 5 minutes from start to finish, was ridiculously easy (first time I'd done a wet app, so I may have been overly cautions - probably even quicker next time I have to do one of these), and fits the screen perfectly with less than a 1mm gap around the edge. No bubbles (they say small bubbles would dissolve in 24-48 hours anyway, but I didn't have any to deal with), no issue getting it aligned perfectly, and a good 'feel.'

Crystal clear, highly smudge/fingerprint resistant, and no detrimental impact on brightness/clarity/color. Sorry for the quality of the pictures - the only camera I have available is my phone.

illusion787

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong ... I do very much like these types of protectors, and have been using them for 5+ years now. Just wondering if there is really any difference between the various brands.

yeah i have to agree with you on this one. I haven't really done much research into all the different brands and tried to compare them. My roommate used xoskins so that is why i decided to go with them. Pretty affordable and looks nice...
But i havent really tried any other protectors so i dont have anything to compare it with, but probably wont go with any one brand since i am satisfied with the one i have for now.
hope this helps out a bit.

aterriba

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just tried the body guardz ultra tough and had to pull it off. It was too thick to use, made the screen almost completely unresponsive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Nice thread. If you keep the OP up to date this will be a great resource for people in the market for a screen protector.

You've got sticky.

illusion787

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I got the Xtreme Guards, and I just put on my Nexus, and it's making the screen almost unresponsive to the touch is this normal at first?

hmm maybe it is the brand you have. I dont seem to have that problem with my screen protector. Has anyone else ever ran into this dilema?:confused:

cgc2

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
BodyGuardz rule. XO dent to easy, Zagg is to sticky and generally sucks. You can order a replacement if/when needed for a fraction of the price.

stephen1108

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
hmm maybe it is the brand you have. I dont seem to have that problem with my screen protector. Has anyone else ever ran into this dilema?:confused:

I ended up ripping that thing off because it was making my screen unusable for the most part. I don't know what I did wrong, maybe I used too much water on the back of it.

illusion787

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I ended up ripping that thing off because it was making my screen unusable for the most part. I don't know what I did wrong, maybe I used too much water on the back of it.

hmm maybe that was it, try it again with less water...or just go with another company. The one i used didnt seem to have that problem (xoskins). Anyways let me know how it went

dan4877

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
All these "wet application" / "military grade" type of screen protectors appears to be pretty much the same thing. I have used Zagg and BestSkinsEver products before, and looks like ArmorSuit, XO, XtremeGrard etc. are basically the same thing.

Is there REALLY any difference between them (except Zagg being the MOST expensive!!) ?

Don't get me wrong ... I do very much like these types of protectors, and have been using them for 5+ years now. Just wondering if there is really any difference between the various brands.

The difference as you have probably read is the look and feel. The wet application works best to keep it from coming off. But most of these brands have an orange peel look, yellowing after time...etc. Only one I've had and probably won't ever change that doesn't have these issues is XO skins. And they always offer specials and discounts. Every new device I've gone to get a skin for there was at a minimum 20% off.

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Don't use a screen protector and stop buying unnecesarry cases, capacitive stylus pens, bluetoothe mice, keyboards, etc., and use the money instead to get a second mobile tablet, a mobile hotspot, better or second phone, etc.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Got the Zagg Invisible Shield today, came packed in a tube, so I put something heavy on it to flatten it out.
Installation went as I expected, squeegeed out the biggest bubbles without any problems.
Now it's just a matter of waiting until the tiny ones fade away. The screen looks smudged but I'm confident, it'll be OK.
I'll post some pics in the next few days.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh oh, screen responsiveness is very sluggish with Invisible Shield.
I'm tapping directly and getting no response.
My HP Touchpad with an IS is much more responsive to swiping.
I hope this improves over time but if not, it's coming off and Zagg is refunding my money.

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't use a screen protector and stop buying unnecesarry cases, capacitive stylus pens, bluetoothe mice, keyboards, etc., and use the money instead to get a second mobile tablet, a mobile hotspot, better or second phone, etc.

The screen protector is necessary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670