Screen Protector Thread

akrau82

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
got an XO. application was easy if you follow the directions. Bubbles and streaks do disappear within 30hrs. I'm quite pleased with the responsiveness of my screen after installation.

thumbs up to XO.

illusion787

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
yeah id rather use a skin protector than a case, a case seems too bulky to mewhere as a skin protector is enough to protect it but not too much extra size
Only one I've had and probably won't ever change that doesn't have these issues is XO skins.
yeah that is who i use as well, its the only one i have tried so far but i will stick with them. If its not broken then why try to fix it right?
:cool:

jedilow

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh oh, screen responsiveness is very sluggish with Invisible Shield.
I'm tapping directly and getting no response.
My HP Touchpad with an IS is much more responsive to swiping.
I hope this improves over time but if not, it's coming off and Zagg is refunding my money.

When did you order your protector? I've yet to hear anything from Zagg and its been 10 days.

noskeyz

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a Wrapsol Ultra screen protector on Tuesday and it was here yesterday so that was good. It was originally $25, but I used a coupon code and got it for $25 with shipping. Application was pretty easy and I didn't have any problems (besides a few pieces of fuzz, so illusive) there were quite a few bubbles when I installed it, but they advertised that they would go away in about 24 hours ad most of them have. The only qualm I have with the screen protector is that the right half of it has that pebble look to it. The only thing I can compare it to is the back of the pebble blue SIII (sort of lines on it). I'm confused because the left half looks great, like the glass itself. I'm still trying to decide if I can live with it. On the other hand, it doesn't have as much of a tacky feel like the invisible shields I've had in the past which is nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Surprised no one is going to try out Ghost Armor. I read some good things about them (never tried them yet) so I went ahead and picked two up (one for me and one for my Mom's N7) with 20% off discount, the price wasn't bad.

I'll let you guys know how I feel about it next week. :)

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
hmm maybe it is the brand you have. I dont seem to have that problem with my screen protector. Has anyone else ever ran into this dilema?:confused:

what do you mean different brand? You mean a different brand completely or are there different brands of xtremeguard? I only saw one on their site and went with that one. Hope I don't get the unresponsive issue someone else had, I'll be sure to lightly spray with water & hope to avoid that

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for BodyGuardz skin. I use them on everything I've had and have been pleased with them. The skin can be applied wet or dry, and after a day or so the bubbles and streaks fade away. I took my Evo to the Sprint store and the technician didn't realize that there was a skin on it until he started working with it.

calbearz24

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Just saw spg put up N7 screen protectors on their site and I just ordered one.

thanks for the tip! i ordered the SQ/crystal. tried both crystal and anti-fingerprint on my Atrix and didn't notice a difference between the two, so i got the cheaper one for the n7.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Are any of these companies offering anti glare screen protectors?

The spg ultra fine is one you looking for anti glare as well anti finger prints.

For those who want a matte film with anti-fingerprint/anti-glare properties :

Steinheil? Screen Protector Ultra Fine
Slightly Smooth Textured Film with 30% increased Light transmittance. Effective in preventing Glare, Smudges and Fingerprints.
Ultra fine matte film
high Grade Anti-Glare Hard coated Film
Light Transmittance increased by 21% from previous model
Premium Matte Surface
Perfect fit for Device's Display
No Rainbow Effects
Good Surface Hardness : 3H
Easy to install
Anti-UV Ray coated
Marks and Fingerprints wipe away easily
Hard coated for Scratches and Scuffs Proof
No interference with Touch-Screen Responsiveness
Non-tacky adhesive : removed easily without leaving residue

Reactions: armeddroid

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Spg cost little money but you must consider the quality and features they give you. I have used zag and seidio screen protectors and I prefer spg. Zag protects the best and warranty is great;however, I don't like feel or the slight rainbow effect you get with Zagg. Seidio's screen protector was a much nicer feel with zero rainbow effect but still spg had better clarity and glass feel.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Spg cost little money but you must consider the quality and features they give you. I have used zag and seidio screen protectors and I prefer spg. Zag protects the best and warranty is great;however, I don't like feel or the slight rainbow effect you get with Zagg. Seidio's screen protector was a much nicer feel with zero rainbow effect but still spg had better clarity and glass feel.

I have the Zagg on my Nexus 7 and haven't seen any "rainbow" effect.

illusion787

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean different brand?

yeah maybe i should have explained that better. By different brand I meant different company altogether. Did your screen ever get more responsive since your last post?
Always good to know which companies make better products and which ones dont.
take care

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
yeah maybe i should have explained that better. By different brand I meant different company altogether. Did your screen ever get more responsive since your last post?
Always good to know which companies make better products and which ones dont.
take care

I also wonder if his responsiveness improved as I ordered xtremeguard for n7 and gnex yesterday lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital