Screen Protector Thread

kloxxe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there any real difference between these branded (means expensive in my books) and those no name screen protectors one could pick up 5 for 10$ from eBay? I mean do they really worth the premium price tag?

cliffy223

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to buy one for my Nexus 7 and still can't decide which company to buy from. My main concerns that I haven't seen anyone comment about is durability if ever the phone is dropped or if there is any assurance that if the phone does get scratched or worse what the company plans to do about it. The best I have seen is from wrapsol with their videos showing how much damage their screen protector will take. Has anyone had anything like this happened and the company did well in support.

Tsarli

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The screen protector that came with my Gumdrop case seems to work fine so far.

P1050624.jpg

Although not as responsive as a bare screen it is stylus friendly. Screen clarity isn't half bad either.

1234obelix1234

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
just bought 2 GS III and 1 Nexus 7 full body XtremeGuards for $6.50 shipped with 80% off coupon code: 80OFF3

New to the forum and to my Nexus. Had the Kindle Fire HD for a day and returned it. This thing is so much nicer!

Nevaeh44444

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
just bought 2 GS III and 1 Nexus 7 full body XtremeGuards for $6.50 shipped with 80% off coupon code: 80OFF3

New to the forum and to my Nexus. Had the Kindle Fire HD for a day and returned it. This thing is so much nicer!

Got 3 of the Nexus 7 XtremeGuard screen protectors for $4.50. Coupon will not work otherwise. http://i.imgur.com/9Vw6M.png
Mixed reviews on amazon, but it's $4.50 for 3 screen protectors and comes with free shipping!

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else try any "anti-glare" protectors? Do they always cause degradation in screen quality?

Last year I put an anti-glare screen protector on my first Android device and immediately regretted it. Having also purchased a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 for my husband, I put a crystal clear protector on his, the difference is night and day. I finally changed mine to a clear protector yesterday, it's like I have a whole new device.

I then got my Note used, but the previous owner had installed an anti-glare protector and I hate it! Different brand I'm sure, but the screen degradation is exactly the same. I hate installing the blamed things, but I will be replacing it with a clear one.

I bought a crystal clear TechArmor protector for the Nexus 7 I am giving hubby for Xmas, although I usually botch my first install try, this one went on flawlessly. And if it hadn't, well, they put 3 in the package, so I would have had two more tries.

I don't like glare, my eyes are sensitive to it, but the screen degradation is a far worse issue for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

irratebass1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the best way to go is to buy the protector online, but I am terrible at putting these things on without getting bubbles or wrong alignment.....grrrr

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not good at that either, but I did find the Tech Armor protector easier than most. I had extra clean microfiber cloths handy, Scotch magic tape nearby and once I had the screen clean gave it a close eagle eye from several angles to look for dust/cat hair before starting. It helped my nerves to know I had two more fresh tries in the package if I mangled the first.

Good luck!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the best way to go is to buy the protector online, but I am terrible at putting these things on without getting bubbles or wrong alignment.....grrrr

I wasn't too bad at putting a protector on my htc desire, but the SGS2 and the nexus it just hasn't worked at all for me

SusieR

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I was going to order the Zagg and you all talked me out of it (thanks!)

I'm pretty sold on the SGP but there are two options: Ultra Fine anti-fingerprint, anti-glare or SQ Crystal Clear. Which one to get and why one over the other?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yet another Xtremeguard customer here. Normally I would be hesitant to apply a wet application protector myself, but the protectors were so cheap with the recent coupon code that I had to give some a try.

The only other screen protector I have experience with is Ghost Armor, which I had on my Galaxy Nexus. (I was shown the Zagg protectors on a device by a Best Buy salesman, but I hated the orange peel effect and the tackiness of the protector.) I think Xtremeguard is a bit tackier than Ghost Armor (not as bad as I recall Zagg, though), which I'm not totally crazy about, but which I'm also trying to get used to. Using the screen just requires a bit lighter of a touch than I had been using prior to putting on a screen protector. (There is a slight orange peel effect, but again, not as bad as I remember for Zagg.)

I haven't really lost any responsiveness, but I also hardly touched my Nexus 7 for the first few days after applying the screen protector. I also had LOTS of small bubbles under the screen, but nearly a week later they are all gone. I think it really takes a while for this screen protector to settle.

If Ghost Armor was as inexpensive as these protectors were, then I would have gone with Ghost Armor. But these are not a bad choice, especially given how inexpensive they are in comparison.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I was going to order the Zagg and you all talked me out of it (thanks!)

I'm pretty sold on the SGP but there are two options: Ultra Fine anti-fingerprint, anti-glare or SQ Crystal Clear. Which one to get and why one over the other?

I have the sq crystal clear and love it. Be warned its a finger print magnet, but when watching netflix its awesome just give it a quick wipe down before starting netflix.

I also have an ultra fine anti finger print on my Nexus S4G and it's sort of grainy looking.

See pic for finger prints... ^_^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359868620692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359868620692.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 23