Are portrait mode cases useful?

Flatland2D

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 7 will be my first tablet but I've been an Android user for a couple of years now. Being that the large format is new to me, I'm wondering if there is any utility to the portrait mode cases (the ones that rotate from landscape to portrait when standing up). It seems like that would be a useful feature to have, but then I think, am I really ever going to be using the tablet that way? I know the home screen doesn't rotate stock, but I'll fix that. Movies, internet browsing, and most games are landscape, so I'm not sure I should rule out any landscape-only cases. Opinions?

See this: Amazon.com: rooCASE Dual-View Multi Angle (Black) 100% Genuine Leather Folio Case Cover for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep): Electronics

igjoe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It's probably a feature most people won't use, but I can see handy if your at the table/desk and you need to prop it up while reading a book or browsing the web. It should work well while you're eating eating a meal, following a recipe/DIY instructions, etc.