Anyone pick up the treegloo case for the nexus 7??

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hers is really really nice, I fell in love with it! Felt like real leather (but it's animal-friendly). I'd seen some of the other book-like cases before for the Kindle Fire, but those felt kinda flimsy (like a plastic on the outside?) and were really hard.

How are the access holes to the buttons? I've wondered about that.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The frame is made of wood. I wonder how sturdy this will be. Will it be able to withstand an accidental drop?

I don't own one of these, but strongly suspect that impact from a drop hard enough to fracture the wood would be hard enough to break the N7 without it, whereas it might survive with the extra structural support.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Not to butt in, but I ordered a TreeGloo case a few days ago because they seem nifty on all fronts... Though the thing that stands out to me is the support: I had an issue when ordering and had near-instant feedback and a solution to a support request at 3 o'clock in the morning. What?

I love nerds.

nicraz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to make up my mind between the Treegloo and the Portenzo case. If I get the Treegloo without the Kinetic Latch, it comes out to less than $50 which seems fair. The Portenzo with the IntelliStand and shipping comes out to $60.

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to make up my mind between the Treegloo and the Portenzo case. If I get the Treegloo without the Kinetic Latch, it comes out to less than $50 which seems fair. The Portenzo with the IntelliStand and shipping comes out to $60.

I ended up getting the portenzo case. They look pretty sweet. They claim to channel the speaker sound out towards the user and the case is a smart case. Which if you are knowledgeable of these things, will put the nexus to sleep. They have an introductory price going on right now as well. So they gots my moneys.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

nicraz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting the portenzo case. They look pretty sweet. They claim to channel the speaker sound out towards the user and the case is a smart case. Which if you are knowledgeable of these things, will put the nexus to sleep. They have an introductory price going on right now as well. So they gots my moneys.

Oh I know. They surely make it sound pretty awesome with their description. But I also read that their warranty is only 90 days...I know no case is perfect and that's why I'm debating between those two.... I almost ordered the Portenzo yesterday and then backed out.

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
No they did not. I was just told that it would be in processing and that I would be notified when. Almost gave me pre nexus 7 arrival flashbacks. I'll post it up here when I get it with pics and what I think of it unless someone beats me to it.

nicraz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I chatted with Lea, their CSR and she said it takes 5-7 working days for production. I wonder how long it takes for Treegloo... I'm sure they're worth the wait but I don't want to be waiting too long lol.

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather them take their time than rush my case. I'm looking forward to it. So I won't think about it till it gets here.

nicraz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather them take their time than rush my case. I'm looking forward to it. So I won't think about it till it gets here.

I ended up going with Portenzo. I decided to go without the IntelliStand and now they had Standard Shipping so I went with that. It was closer to the price that I was willing to pay. We'll see how it goes.

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I ended up going with Portenzo. I decided to go without the IntelliStand and now they had Standard Shipping so I went with that. It was closer to the price that I was willing to pay. We'll see how it goes.

I got the intellistand and the hidden magnets. Mine came out to be about 60 with shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 7

nicraz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the intellistand and the hidden magnets. Mine came out to be about 60 with shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yeah, mine came out to $43.95. I was debating if I really needed the IntelliStand. I decided to keep costs down for now. Who knows, I may fall in love with it and order a second one later on. I may also try the ones by Out of Print once they come out.
Post here once you get it, I'll post when I get mine.

2700fps

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I chatted with Lea, their CSR and she said it takes 5-7 working days for production. I wonder how long it takes for Treegloo... I'm sure they're worth the wait but I don't want to be waiting too long lol.

Search MacRumors, the web, and this forum. TreeGloo is about to go under and take everyones money or they are just the worst case company ever.

I posted a thread warning people about them. They got me and I luckily got my money back. I had to call Amex to do it after 30 days.

I also spoke to Lea at Portenzo on chat for my iPad case and going to order my Nexus case from them tomorrow. I found out about talking to Lea via chat from a review I watched on YouTube. She totally took care of me. Good luck.

Dont suckered in by the sexy website TreeGloo has. They also use a 4 piece wood design out of a lighter weaker wood than Portenzo uses and Pad.

Oh yea, if you dont see the post, they have an F with the bbb in Texas. They run this jokeshop out of their garage.

When I wanted my money back they wouldnt return my calls. I wouldnt be surprised if they were delivering 1 order out of 10 and then when their time has run out they will keep the cash and bk the company. Their online web reputation is really starting to stink, and for good reason.

katetape

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Search MacRumors, the web, and this forum. TreeGloo is about to go under and take everyones money or they are just the worst case company ever.

Obvious troll is obvious. Post history is all about Portenzo and bashing Treegloo. Is this Portenzo's idea of marketing?

Personally, I've held a Portenzo and my sister has a Treegloo. They are both awesome products, so it's really just down to which one you want.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech