KaysCase - Screen Protector Info

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I received my screen protector today and thought I'd drop some information about it.

I bought a KaysCase Screen Protector (clear) by Kay's Technology from Amazon. The cost is $6.99 with a $1.97 shipping fee. 2 screen protectors are included, which I don't believe it mentions anywhere in the product information.

This is a clear, dry install screen protector. I prefer the dry type since the wet application ones just seem like a bad idea and my only personal experience with wet applied screen protectors has not been good (yeah I'm referring to you Zagg).

The screen protector itself is the very firm plastic type that is fairly easy to install on screen. It has the thin plastic covers on the front and back of the actual protector that you take off during the process. Take the back (layer 1) off as you put the protector on screen, then the front (layer 2) is removed after the process of removing the few bubbles you might have left between the glass and the protector.

Like I said, the protector is a nice solid piece of plastic so applying it with minimum bubbles is fairly easy. The few I had left slid out very easily with the included bubble removal card.

The fit is tight from edge to edge, corner to corner and it has the cutout for the camera as you would expect. It covers the entire glass front of the screen completely which is very nice. Honestly though, I would prefer these screen protector companies giving us a little bit of wiggly room fit wise, maybe a 1/8" boarder around.

My installation went well. I did have to pick up the protector once because I put it on with a slight angle to it, luckily dust hadn't settled under it. I ended up with one very small bubble close to the camera opening, probably a piece of dust I'm sure.

One small issue is that once installed there was a bit of a rainbow effect, a zebra pattern striping sort of thing across the screen protector. It is ONLY noticeable under a bright light when the N7 screen is off, it IS NOT noticeable at all when the N7 screen is on. This effect is not a distraction, at least not for me and I'm as OCD as they come (trust me on that one).

The feel of the protector is nice smooth, no tacky feeling whatsoever.

I would buy again.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Great review. I was in the fence about getting it . I was waiting for some feedback first. Looks like I am going to be placing my order now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep I think I'll be buying one of these too. Thanks for the review. I couldn't see myself spending $30 for a screen protector, like some people are paying with the Zagg.

Be sure to add your review to the amazon website too, it makes it easier to search for proper screen protectors.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
How does it fare with smudges, fingerprints and anti-glare?

Less smudges and fingerprints than the actual screen seemed to pick up. I did not purchase the matte anti-glare option, prefer clear. :)

Update: I was thinking that there being less smudges might be a placebo effect sort of thing (though it really does seem like less). There are still some smudging but maybe it's not bothering me as much because I know I can just wipe it off with my t-shirt knowing I'm not actually touching the screen. Make sense?

Last edited:

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How did yours go? I ordered 2pks, total of 4 screen protectors = 2 matte 2 clear. I got 4 matte :(

I'm not an expert but I've put on 6-8 of them in the past 2-3 years without a tremendous amount of trouble. I went through all 4 of these and still don't have a screen protector on my N7.

I ordered a case from here as well which is going back.

In their defense, when I requested to return the case I told them about the screen protectors. Even though I didn't ask for a refund on the screen protectors they issued me one anyway which I think is quite generous and something they didn't have to do.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How did yours go? I ordered 2pks, total of 4 screen protectors = 2 matte 2 clear. I got 4 matte :(

I'm not an expert but I've put on 6-8 of them in the past 2-3 years without a tremendous amount of trouble. I went through all 4 of these and still don't have a screen protector on my N7.

I ordered a case from here as well which is going back.

In their defense, when I requested to return the case I told them about the screen protectors. Even though I didn't ask for a refund on the screen protectors they issued me one anyway which I think is quite generous and something they didn't have to do.