Who has the Nexus Case? What do you think?

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I here Staples will be releasing cases this week I assume it will be the Google play ones. I heard a couple bad things about the OEM case!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I just walked out of Walmart with this sleeve. Cost $15 and fits like a glove.
43541cb6-58ce-ef78.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

uglyyeti

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the i-blazon folding portfolio - 20 bucks shipped on eBay and it comes with a stylus that works like a champ. The nex 7 wakes when you open and sleeps when you close the cover - guessing it's sensing the magnetic latch. Fit is very nice. Didn't think I'd like a stylus, but I haven't used my finger since I got it.

rmysore

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the OEM case and its OK. For the money I would say not worth it. Its not smart so no waking up or sleeping, in fact it can mess up your current screen if you close without shutting your screen. Second and even bigger deficiency is that you can lock it shut. So it it drops it might open. Other than that it feels good ,it fits well ,doesn't add any bulk and has the nexus branding on it. I am neutral on it so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
For $6 I picked up a case off of Amazon and a few days later I got an email saying that after they shipped it they started making an updated version that includes a smart cover, and they would ship me that one for free. So for $6 I got two cases.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The case is alright, maybe not worth the price, but it looks fairly nice and isn't very bulky...I would appreciate it more if the flap locked instead of just covering loosely but it's usually setting on a desk so I'm not too worried.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It falls into that category of "good but could have been better." I like the protection it provides and it isn't very bulky. The fit and feel is good too. If it had magnets for wake-from-sleep functionality and if some of the edges didn't look like they were cut by a dull ax, it would be much better. Still, it's pretty good.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I actually really like the stock case design, I love the skin tight gel/tpu types. However I'd prefer to lose the flip cover and add a kickstand. Anyone know of something similar? I hate the ones that cover the bezel all the way around, I like it to just lip over the edge and be unobtrusive and not add a bunch of bulk that makes it hard to slide into a pocket. If the stock one can be turned on it's side the the flip cover is stiff enough to hold it up like a kickstand, then it's probably what I'll get.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta