TreeGloo is ripping people off and not delivering Check yourself

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Terrible to hear this about Treegloo, I had the same problem when acquiring my case. Took about a month or so but I actually was able to get mine. I love my case but I like to hold the tablet in my hand instead of holding the case in my hand. I would be willing to sell my case; just message me if your interested, I can provide pictures and more information. I promise i'll have better communication than them! LOL

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Terrible to hear this about Treegloo, I had the same problem when acquiring my case. Took about a month or so but I actually was able to get mine. I love my case but I like to hold the tablet in my hand instead of holding the case in my hand. I would be willing to sell my case; just message me if your interested, I can provide pictures and more information. I promise i'll have better communication than them! LOL

You might like that bamboo case I seen.

Here is the response from Treegloo:

" I'm so very sorry for the additional delays.

Our second production facility opened at the end of November to help with the demand. One facility is focused on current orders, and the other on any backlogged orders. As the facilities are working on orders in tandem, we are expected to be caught up and completely current by mid-January.

A confirmed ship date for your order will be by January 11th (aim for the 8th). If the case is not completed in this time, then we will fully refund your order.

For compensation at this time, your case had been upgraded to include a cloth liner.

Thank you very much for your continued support!

Stefanie
Treegloo Products"

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Necrosis, I just got the same email verbatim except the liner. I already had that so they refunded my shipping. I'm not expecting jack on the 11th either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

SusieR

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
This whole thread is rather odd. I am new here (just registered tonight) and this is my first post. Don't worry; I do see the irony in my words below...

I was noticing something in this thread that someone pointed out about the OP. Of the people who are having problems getting what they have paid for, only three have more than 10 posts. In the last two pages, there are a lot of complaints from people with 1 - 4 posts (all from this thread.) I don't want to be cynical and I do believe that this company has some problems based on what the three contributors with 100+ posts have stated. I just have to wonder about the possibility of one person who registers five or six different accounts to complain.

I truly hope that those who have ordered something get what they have ordered as well as a refund. It looks as though Dotism received his/her complimentary case in early August. Glad to see someone got what they were promised and I hope the rest of you do as well! :)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Here is the response from Treegloo:

" I'm so very sorry for the additional delays.

Our second production facility opened at the end of November to help with the demand. One facility is focused on current orders, and the other on any backlogged orders. As the facilities are working on orders in tandem, we are expected to be caught up and completely current by mid-January.

A confirmed ship date for your order will be by January 11th (aim for the 8th). If the case is not completed in this time, then we will fully refund your order.

For compensation at this time, your case had been upgraded to include a cloth liner.

Thank you very much for your continued support!

Stefanie
Treegloo Products"

Emphasized the part that had me scratching my head wondering WTF they're thinking... I mean come on, they're basically saying that rather than filling orders in the order they were received and simply advising new customers that there is an extended wait time due to demand, they're creating a situation where someone who's been waiting a tremendously long time (months?) may not end up getting their order fulfilled before orders that are being placed today. If I'd had one on order already, I'd be tempted to just order a second one, and once whichever one comes in first, refuse shipment/demand refund on the second one to arrive.

And offering a cloth liner might be appealing to some, but what if the customer actually preferred the paper liner? If they had originally ordered (and paid for) the cloth liner or one of the graphic liners, are they being refunded the difference?

Everything I'd read about their cases has been good in terms of product quality, but this in conjunction with the general lack of proactive communication makes it evident that there's some pretty shoddy management running the office.

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This whole thread is rather odd. I am new here (just registered tonight) and this is my first post. Don't worry; I do see the irony in my words below...

I was noticing something in this thread that someone pointed out about the OP. Of the people who are having problems getting what they have paid for, only three have more than 10 posts. In the last two pages, there are a lot of complaints from people with 1 - 4 posts (all from this thread.) I don't want to be cynical and I do believe that this company has some problems based on what the three contributors with 100+ posts have stated. I just have to wonder about the possibility of one person who registers five or six different accounts to complain.

I truly hope that those who have ordered something get what they have ordered as well as a refund. It looks as though Dotism received his/her complimentary case in early August. Glad to see someone got what they were promised and I hope the rest of you do as well! :)
As one of the people with more than 100 posts I will tell you I believe you are 100% wrong. They did not build a second facility because only a few people are having issues with delivery. That alone tells you there is a widespread problem.

My guess is these products were handmade by a handful of people in a small UN expandable facility. They were probably nowhere close to being ready to process the number of orders they received. Rather than fess up to production limitations they simply chose not to respond to anyone at all but let that money keep rolling in. That is UNACCEPTABLE. They deserve every bit of backlash they are getting.

This is not the only Android forum and in fact they make products for other devices. If you Google Treegloo customer service you will find links to plenty of complaints on other forums going back well OVER A YEAR, for iPad as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

SusieR

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
As one of the people with more than 100 posts I will tell you I believe you are 100% wrong. They did not build a second facility because only a few people are having issues with delivery. That alone tells you there is a widespread problem.

Thanks for the reply, Dubbayoo! I apologize if my post wasn't worded clearly... I DO believe that this company is having a ton of problems and (if Jeremy8000 is correct in his speculation) they need someone to run the business side of this company as a business, not as a hobby that took off into a business. What Jeremy said makes sense...it seems that they are thinking, 'The customers with older orders are already PO'd, so if we fulfill the new orders first, we don't have more angry customers, we just have the same number of angry customer whose orders we'll fulfill in between the new orders.' To be clear, I do not agree with doing business this way. It is really crappy. If they are having such huge problems, I agree that they should set the expectation with new customers (i.e.- 'Due to overwhelming demand, there may be a delay of "x" in fulfilling your order') and then the customer can figure out if he/she wants to wait that long. Honesty doesn't hurt your business but repeatedly setting new dates of delivery that you can't fulfill will harm you tremendously.

Again, I believe that this company has HUGE problems. I really think you're right; it started as a 'cool' hobby/idea that someone doesn't have the business experience to effectively run. Even the best ideas have to be presented effectively and orders have to be fulfilled efficiently or what was the "greatest idea" will fail. My concern was only with the plethora of posts from people with very few posts and the legitimacy of some of the complaints/individual posts. I wondered about this given the comment earlier in the thread. BTW, a professional company should never disclose that type of information (from post #2 in this thread) to other customers- it is unprofessional. Then again, even though they may have the best intentions, this company doesn't seem to be in the least to be 'professional.'

I do hope you receive your cases for which you've paid. Since you've been essentially loaning them your money for months, ask for a discount to cover the cost of your loan to them during the time you didn't receive your product! ;)

Best,
Susie

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Here is the reply I received from them:

" They're finalizing your order! There is a possibility it may go out tomorrow morning, just to keep an eye on adhesives. We wouldn't want to wait all this time and then not have it finished properly. ;)

Regards,

Stefanie
Treegloo Products"

So I guess we'll see.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have finally received mine. The Vintage Vino cover I chose is much more brown than the red I hoped for but I will say the product is extremely high quality, to say the least.

Definitely worth the price, but no-one should have to wait eleven weeks for it.

Ausdroid64

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have my own Treegloo delivery story.
Ordered a cover for my Nexus 7 on 22nd October. I was heading overseas on 12th Dec so I figured that would give them plenty of time.
Towards the end of November I emailed the company to see what was going on.
I was told that the order would probably arrive before 12th December.
I leave without my case and email Treegloo whilst travelling to find out about the status of the order. This time I am told it should be delivered by the middle of January. At that point I cancelled the order. Being in Australia the payment and the refund, which to be fair, was quite prompt attracted a significant foreign currency transaction fee. The company did not offer to refund this fee, just told me it was a matter between myself and the bank. The only they made was to treat me as a follow up customer, should I re-order.
The company have been prompt in replying to emails and refunded the money without any problems.
However the way they are dealing with this backlog of orders stinks. They really need to be upfront with people about the delays rather than playing games.
After my experience with Treegloo I would say it is a company to avoid.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Being in Australia the payment and the refund, which to be fair, was quite prompt attracted a significant foreign currency transaction fee. The company did not offer to refund this fee, just told me it was a matter between myself and the bank.

Unfortunately your general experience with Treegloo sounds to be fairly common, resulting from a company that had wide eyes for profit and took on far, far more business than they were even remotely able to handle.

As to the quoted point, though, they can't be reasonably expected to refund a fee that they did not charge. It's not 'fair' to you, but these fees are not a normal part of the seller doing business, but rather a charge unrelated to and not collected by them resulting from your circumstances as a buyer.