DODOcase HARDcover

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
HARDcover for Nexus 7 | DODOcase

What does everybody think of this case? I like how it is a little slimmer than TreeGloo/Portenzo since it doesn't have a wood frame to encase it in, but the profile looks a little weird, plus it's just attached with an adhesive sticker. Also, since it's adhered by a sticker directly to the case, does it affect the speaker volume in anyway?

$5 cheaper isn't that much of a difference...I'm probably debating now between this and the Portenzo.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Its nice! I just ordered the Portenzo. I like it better because I was able to get it with hidden magnets. If the DODO case had that and was 5 bucks cheaper i would have gotten that instead.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I was liking the look of it until I saw it holds the N7 with adhesive. Not crazy about that (though I'm also not crazy about a lot of the ways the N7 is held into cases. Just haven't quite been sold on one yet, and am making do with a zippered sleeve.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Adhesive is bad. There are so many better answers to that. Give anyone with decent fabrication skills an hour and they can come up with several key points to hold the tablet, resorting to glue is never the answer.

There are similar products on Amazon that use different clasping mechanisms.

Reactions: thedudeduck

thedudeduck

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

What does everybody think of this case? I like how it is a little slimmer than TreeGloo/Portenzo since it doesn't have a wood frame to encase it in, but the profile looks a little weird, plus it's just attached with an adhesive sticker. Also, since it's adhered by a sticker directly to the case, does it affect the speaker volume in anyway?

$5 cheaper isn't that much of a difference...I'm probably debating now between this and the Portenzo.

I just bought one. You can get 10% off with this coupon they gave me: DODOcase | iPad Case of the Year. It's a link to the coupon.

thedudeduck

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
One thing i can tell you, Dodobird cases are quality built. If you are looking for a solid, good looking case, dodo bird is the way to go. The Nexus 7 is a great looking device. Don't ruin it with a crappy case.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

The hardcover case by Dodo is actually attach to your N7 by an adhesive and only covers the front, back and left side of the N7. It is not enclosed by wood like the portenzo cases are.
View attachment 33061
Dodo Hardcover case
View attachment 33063
Portenzo Bookcase

Both companies offer a book style case but fix the N7 to case in different ways. I went with the Portenzo because IMO is better case for me. Dodocase looks nice but I perfer the the setup of the Portenzo instead. Lastly treegloo is nice but seem to be a few bucks too much for me and less features compared to Portenzo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
"To each his own"
Many would say it's ridiculous to pay $200 for the sake of entertainment. You can fine many reasons to justified the reason why you buy anything for entertainment is an argument that is futile. That argument is based on one individuals sense of value which if you equate that value to dollars will vary from person to person. Some may value $100 dollar case more than it's cost or the cost compared to something else. What is ridiculous are those who point out something that can not be ridiculous. It may be indifferent to an individual but can you say it's truly ridiculous based on just being indifferent to ones individual opinion. :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
You have too look at it as total investment. The more you spend to protect the device the more return. It's also about style. Women buy shoes, we buy Portenzo

We do buy Portenzo! I too think the Dodo case is nice, but when u compare it with the Portenzo, from what I`ve seen, it falls short. Yesterday i saw a few video on youtube comparing the two. It made me feel good because i feel like i made the right choice for me when it comes to cases for my Nexus.

alee5

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Obviously Portenzo is the superior protectant. the price difference is not as negligible as most here are making it out to be in light of the near $30 difference in cases ($60 for portenzo w/intellistand/shipping incl. (still a $15 difference without intellistand) vs. $35.95 for the HARDcover shipped via 10% off coupon).

I decided to jump on this case as I don't need all that added protection that the wood provides. This case will more than suffice! Bumping for additional discussion!

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have always liked these book type cases but have never liked the way they way they were held in with wood frames. I think the frames are ugly (like something I would construct in the garage) and add to much weight. However this case with reusable adhesive allows for great aesthetics and light weight. Don't be thrown by the adhesive it works beautifully without taking away from the form of the device. The smart feature is also a nice touch. Build quality is excellent.

Keep your cases with heavy ugly wood frames I will keep this one. :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of it working, and regardless of how many times I'd tell myself it's "fine," I could never get over the adhesive :(.

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of it working, and regardless of how many times I'd tell myself it's "fine," I could never get over the adhesive :(.

To each his own. But think more of a tacky paper than adhesive. Tablet comes off leaves no residue on tablet. Can be done thousands of times over and over and will restick. I don't know where they get this stuff (guessing 3m)but it is genius. Leaves your tablet face uninhibited while allowing case to be smaller and lighter. I've had so many different tablets and devices and this is highest quality most functional case I have ever owned. I was a little apprehensive going in ready to send back if necessary. But immediately loved it. The quality of workmanship can't be overstated.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
To each his own. But think more of a tacky paper than adhesive. Tablet comes off leaves no residue on tablet. Can be done thousands of times over and over and will restick. I don't know where they get this stuff (guessing 3m)but it is genius. Leaves your tablet face uninhibited while allowing case to be smaller and lighter. I've had so many different tablets and devices and this is highest quality most functional case I have ever owned. I was a little apprehensive going in ready to send back if necessary. But immediately loved it. The quality of workmanship can't be overstated.

My ocd would never trust it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc