Case for Nexus 7: with or w/o a stand?

newtabletuser

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm a brand new tablet user and am unclear about whether I should get a cover for it with a stand, or just one for protection like the case by Google?

Any insights about the advantages/disadvantages of both types is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

pnwAl

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

newtabletuser

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend with a stand if you intend to watch media in the unit, then you don't have to hold it the whole time or figure out a way to prop it up.

Thanks for the recommendation. I think my grandchildren will use it more than me so I want something they can hold securely.

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The new folio actually seems to be a decent case. I am still looking, but this one is on the "maybe" list for sure.

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation. I think my grandchildren will use it more than me so I want something they can hold securely.

Some have strap so when you fold the cover to hold it you can put your hand in strap. There are different brands that have similar function but different material styles and such.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

newtabletuser

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your input.

I ended up buying the Blurex Ultra-Slim Case, and like it very much. It certainly makes the tablet heavier but does give it some protection and makes in much easier to carry when I'm on the go. The case has a built-in multi-angle stand. Doubt I'll use it much.

The only time I though I'd use the stand is for watching movies on Amazon Prime. However, Prime doesn't work on the Nexus 7. I've read some of the workarounds for installing Flash to use with certain browsers, but I'm too new of a tablet user to play around with this type of stuff.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your input.
The only time I though I'd use the stand is for watching movies on Amazon Prime. However, Prime doesn't work on the Nexus 7. I've read some of the workarounds for installing Flash to use with certain browsers, but I'm too new of a tablet user to play around with this type of stuff.

This is my first tablet purchase too, but the flash workaround from this forum:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-forum/189897-no-flash-got-you-down-try-fix.html
works great. Use the Xscope browser, Mozilla's Aurora doesn't have HD flash so everything is really poor quality. Though if you don't intend on using sites with flash, I guess there's no point in downloading it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000