Treegloo Case Is An Excellent Choice!

tedweller2349

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I know there was a different thread here some weeks ago that was initially started about the Treegloo case but it ultimately devolved into being about the Portenzo cases instead. I originally ordered my Treegloo case on July 21st and was feeling some trepidation as it hadn't arrived by the end of last week and I was wondering if there was some production snafu.

I finally received my case today and am glad to report that it very much exceeded my expectations. Every aspect of the build of the case is painstakingly done from the faux leather cover to the optional print interiors. The following is taken directly from the Treegloo site:

Nexus 7
The Treegloo Nexus 7 Case has several available options, including the Kinetic Latch which acts as a kickstand and typing angle. Our Nexus 7 Case comes standard with a built-in smart cover (sleep/wake).

Made with solid hardwood and FSC recyclable materials, our cases will hold your Nexus 7 securely with a sleek design. Choose from any of our cover colors, interior options, elastic closures, and frame finishes to make your case truly unique.

Rather than go into greater detail as to the particulars of my case, I took several photos which should do more towards exhibiting the excellent construction and care put into this case.

While not particularly cheap (mine was $79.90 w/ options + shipping), it is a very worthwhile investment to keep your Nexus safe and stylish looking.

The particulars of mine are:
Nexus 7 Super Espresso case, Natural with Brown Suede Accent frame, Edo Japan Classic liner, and a Kinetic Latch closure. The Treegloo website is Treegloo Products Custom Handmade Eco-Friendly Cases for iPad and Nexus 7

Added more images on 8-24

View attachment 35128

View attachment 35129

View attachment 35130

View attachment 35131

View attachment 35132

View attachment 35133

View attachment 35134

View attachment 35135

View attachment 35136

View attachment 35137

Last edited:
Reactions: KitN

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the pictures - that's a beautiful case! Very similar to the style I'd considered. I really like the liner prints - they definitely add a certain flair.

Just out of curiosity, how well does it do in providing easy access to the power and volume buttons on the receding side? The power is mostly a non-issue with any smart cover case, but I've found that the volume controls are a bit difficult to work in my [other company's case].

I suspect that it will be the same in any solution that uses a tray to seat the device, though. Any chance you could take a picture of it from the right side to shed a little light on that?

tedweller2349

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll try to get another couple of pics tomorrow. Side buttons are a little hard to access if you have bigger fingers but not excessively so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

phoenix623

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I have received mine yesterday as well, after a 2-week delay... It was worth the wait, what a great cover that is. Regarding the power and volume control access I don't have any problem with that, the cutout in the wood frame is perfect!

tedweller2349

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It's a very snug & secure fit. The more I use it the more comfortable I am with it. I've already had about a half dozen people ask me about it when I was out and about today. Will still post some more pictures later.

tedweller2349

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I added several more images of the interior of the case today and also how the kinetic latch provides an excellent option for affixing a stylus to your case. Hope these help in making an informed buying decision!

Reactions: KitN

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for the photos! :)

Question: I plan on only using the case for travel and will pull it out of the case to actually operate the N7, so how easy is it to take out of the case?

Thanks! :cool:

tedweller2349

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It's fairly easy, you just have to lift one edge and ease it out. It's is a snug fit, though, and you can turn the case upside down and shake it without the Nexus falling out. I would advise doing this over a bed or something if you want to test it out (just in case). The case is very light and slim and I've been using it for everything that I was using it for before one handed and the case hasn't been a hindrance. Just be aware that it may take 3-4 weeks after ordering to custom make your case unless they've ramped up their production. I admit I was more than a little fidgety waiting for mine but it all worked out well in the end.:cool:

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'm still undecided on which case to get though. :(

Decisions, decisions...

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'm still undecided on which case to get though. :(

Decisions, decisions...

Likewise between treegloo and portenzo. I am still leaning with treeglo.

Anyone else having problems with treegloo website? I went to "checkout", but when I click the button nothing happens? Ideas?

**Edit: Just placed my order!**

Last edited:

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine a month ago and I still haven't received it. Wondering how long did it take to arrive for other folks?

I emailed treegloo yesterday and they told me mine would ship the week of Oct 1st...I purchased it Sept 4th...Not Happy at all. Should've went with Portenzo case

tedweller2349

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It took about a little over a month for mine. I think if they let folks know upfront that it could take 4-6 weeks, and folks might not get so incensed.

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
It took about a little over a month for mine. I think if they let folks know upfront that it could take 4-6 weeks, and folks might not get so incensed.

That's what I told them. To let there customers know its backordered

bleedblue

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My beef was that I pre-ordered and saw people ordering well after me and getting theirs first for no rhyme or reason. I wasn't alone. I can understand that specific issues could arise, hand made quality product, any number of issues really ... but I was told it would ship early the next week. I emailed after the 3rd week. A week and a half later it shipped. I do love the case, though. But they have definitely given some people the run around. I'll have to check the dates, but well over a month after the intended start ship date.

I'm happy, glad I went with it, and whatever saltiness there was is now gone. Definitely a quality and beautiful case. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12