Wireless Android Gamestop Controller

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Who has one and what games are compatible. Last night i downloaded Nova 3 but im not satisfied by the controls. I would really like to purchase this controller but dont know how good it is.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I dont want something i have to root my device to use. I just dont want to spend 40 bucks and then be disappointed.

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I actually stopped by Gamestop earlier this week, and inquired about their Wireless Android Controller. They wouldn't sell me one, because I didn't purchase my N7 from Gamestop. They said that they pre-installed software on the N7 that makes the controller compatible with the N7 tablet, if I happened to have purchased it from them.

Sounds like a load of BS, but if they want to talk themselves out of a sale, so be it.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I actually stopped by Gamestop earlier this week, and inquired about their Wireless Android Controller. They wouldn't sell me one, because I didn't purchase my N7 from Gamestop. They said that they pre-installed software on the N7 that makes the controller compatible with the N7 tablet, if I happened to have purchased it from them.

Sounds like a load of BS, but if they want to talk themselves out of a sale, so be it.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.........wow that was funny! The Nexus 7 doesnt come with pre installed software. I bought my second Nexus 7 from Gamestop and it was bone stock.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering about Bluetooth controllers in general and if most Android games and devices support them? I've been thinking of picking up an OnLive controller for Dead Trigger.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
There are two coming out from Nyko, the playpad and playpad pro. Those are the ones I'm waiting for, specifically the smaller/portable playpad. Looks solid and I like the portability factor.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
There are two coming out from Nyko, the playpad and playpad pro. Those are the ones I'm waiting for, specifically the smaller/portable playpad. Looks solid and I like the portability factor.

2 questions:
1) Will they support all games from the Play Store or will games need to individually update to support them?

2) Will they be as portable as these (iPhone there for scale with a 7-inch tablet)?

I like them but they aren't supported by as many games as I'd like.

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes and yes. They will support all tegrazone games (built with the tegra protocol) and they are built specifically to be compatible with anything and everything in the play store. Most will be it and play and if not, there will be mapping tools.

The pro model is the size of a 360 controller and the regular playpad is about the size of an iPhone 4.

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
The playpad is also going to come with a case that will double as a tablet stand, which is a pretty nifty feature for those bold enough to brave the world without a case.

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the gamestop bluetooth game controller. I didn't have to buy a tablet from them either. It was $40. It's hit and miss with compatibility.
GTA 3 Works great with it. As well as emulators, Sonic 4 and some others. But it doesn't work with games like
NOVA or the Dark Knight Rises very well. I synced one of my ps3 controllers to my tablet and phone and have
been experimenting with that lately.

rdevo93

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't get this controller to connect. It pairs up in my bluetooth settings, but doesn't connect in emulators. Does anyone know if it has to be used on the stock rom? I'm running SmoothRom and I'm not sure if that's the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay