Case Review: CruzerLite Androidified TPU Case

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Case name:
CruzerLite Androidified TPU Case

Purchase link:
Available through Amazon.com

Multiple colors available. Link above is for red which was used for this review.​

Design:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

This case is perfect for anyone who wants to cover their Nexus 7 with some style. The case is designed perfectly for the device with cutouts for all buttons and other needed areas. Covering the entire back is laser etched tiled Android logos. The scaling is perfect and the etching does not take away from the quality of the case at all.

Durability:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

A lot of people, myself included, assume most times that a "skin" is going to be flimsy and lose its durability over time. This is not true with TPU cases from CruzerLite. The case is made from sturdy material that fits snugly on the device. Having used their cases before, I can defend the fact that they do not lose their durability or quality even if you swap cases frequently.

Protection:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

Users who are in the market for a case like this one are not getting it for its supreme device protection. Nor was the case designed for it. However, the sturdy coating that the case provides will protect the Nexus 7 from dings, scratches, as well as wear and tear in the areas that it covers. It makes my device feel even safer than I expected it to in this case.

Visual Appeal:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

Visually, I love this case. I find it to be very attractive and it definitely draws attention. And with various colors to choose from, it's easy to make your device stand out. It also does not cover the device 100% so the natural beauty of the Nexus 7 still shines through.

Overall Pros:
Very attractive design
Extremely high quality
Manufacturer has a proven track record in the market
Amazing etching really makes the device stand out

Overall Cons:
None

Overall Rating:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

I would HIGHLY recommend this case to any Nexus 7 owner.

IMG_20120909_181440.jpg

IMG_20120909_181518.jpg

IMG_20120909_181543.jpg

IMG_20120909_181608.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a hard time understanding the value of a case without screen protection. The parts the case covers ought to be fairly durable by themselves. *shrug*

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a hard time understanding the value of a case without screen protection. The parts the case covers ought to be fairly durable by themselves. *shrug*

Keep in mind that not everyone needs or wants screen protection. I have always kept very good care of my devices and very rarely, if ever, use cases that protect the screen. I don't even use film screen protectors.

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got the smoke one myself. Love it so far. Fits well and feels great in the hands.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347377399441.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347377399441.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 72

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you just prefer the look & feel? It seems like the added durability of a case like this isn't really helpful - if something could hit & damage the parts it covers, it could hit & damage the screen. Seems like the tablet either needs protection or it doesn't, depending on usage. *shrug*

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I like cases like this because it makes it feel better in the hands, and protects the back and bezel from scratches and what not. I then put it in a sleeve so it's protected pretty well imo.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

nobodyisherenow

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
so i just picked up the cruzerlite case - smoke color. first impressions on the case - it's a pretty strong plastic/rubber that has an android pattern on the whole back side, which is pretty cool. the sides are a smooth plastic plastic/rubber. the case has holes and cutouts in the right places for speaker, volume, power, headjack, etc.

the case is easy to put on or take off the nexus 7. i like how the case has some "lip" around the case to it to ensure it stays on the nexus 7 securely. this is no way obstructs the n7's screen. when i first got my n7, i found it a bit slippery to me and was paranoid of dropping it. with the cruzerlite case on it, i feel reassured that it won't slip as easily.

i definitely plan on using this case for household uses. if i were to travel with my nexus, i would probably use better protection just in case. although i don't think they're necessary, you might want to invest in a screen protector as well. the buttons are easy to access with the case on. the case isn't very heavy at all or add too much bulk to the n7's light and skinny design. so if you're looking for a case that will wrap around your n7 to keep around the house, i highly suggest this case. i can't really complain about this case. for the price it's offered at and how well it's made, i would rate the case a 4.5 out of 5.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I really like my red Android army :D. This case protects the plastic edges and keeps them from getting scratched...plus it looks cool!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173