Bluetooth antenna for Wardriving?

flux capacitor

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I really wanna get into wardriving. My area has little data and what there is is very very outdated on Wigle. I just drove around for a few hours with my N7 on my dashboard collecting Wifi data using the Wigle app, as well as having Torque OBD2 app. Wanted to see how GPS and wifi collection worked.

The accuracy of the wigle app is in question though. Many hotspots are 50-100ft outside of where they should be when looking at the Google Earth routes. Anyway Ive been wondering if I should get a bluetooth external antenna to make it more powerful and more accurate? Is there such a device for the N7?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I I'd like to know too..... Like what a BT antenna will do for your Wifi wardriving?

// Posted from my Nexus 7 with the Android Central app :) //

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
To answer you, Flux, I seriously doubt it. Tablets and mobiles just aren't suited for detailed Wifi surveys.

// Posted from my Nexus 7 with the Android Central app :) //

talormanda

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The reason that the access point is far from the actual location is because it puts it on the map as soon as it picks it up. I sent an email to the developer asking if there was some sort of update coming that would move the location of the pin on the map when you actually get in better range, that way it would be more accurate. He replied saying Yes. But I am unsure when that would roll out.

Also, check out all the Access points I picked up using the app with my phone: Map created by GPS Visualizer (I suggest zooming in, over 1,000 routers)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol