What is best keyboard case?

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
So my Nexus 7 will be given to me as a surprise birthday present in two weeks (don't you hate joint checking accounts at birthday and Christmas time). I want a keyboard case for when my "surprise" arrives.

What is best?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks...I guess no one has a keyboard case for the Nexus...let me re-phrase...anyone know why I should not get the Poetic case?

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Is the Uplay case the same as the Poetic? From the photos they look identical...

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The only keyboard case I known of is the $10 generic 7" tablet one, I have a detailed review here.

Naturally, a 7" keyboard case will not have a big keyboard. But unless you have large hands, typing won't be much of an issue. If you want a full-sized keyboard, just buy a portable blue tooth keyboard.

Case is mehhh out-of-box bc the way it holds your device is pretty janky. I removed the metal prongs and literally just super glued a TPU case on, which works great.

Is it the best out there? Well, it's like the only one out there lol, but it works just fine.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Poetic sells more than one keyboard case? I saw only one choice for Nexus 7. Anyway though wildly popular for iPad...seems people are not buying keyboard cases for Nexus 7 so I'll just go with my gut and my gut says poetic is the discount version of the uplay keyboard case.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
By the way you stated your post, it sounded like you'd given up on a keyboard case, and then were asking about "the" poetic case. I wasn't even aware Poetic was offering a keyboard case. In general it helps to link to what you're talking about, rather than assume we all have spent hours and days investigating every accessory available.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks...I guess no one has a keyboard case for the Nexus...let me re-phrase...anyone know why I should not get the Poetic case?

All the pics from customers of covers coming apart shortly after purchase would convince me. Try a rooCASE.

// Posted from my Nexus 7 with the Android Central app :) //

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I see the Nexus 7 Roo cases but I don't see keyboard cases...did you find a separate Bluetooth keyboard that fit inside the executive case?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The Motorola KZ500 fits in an old Port case for my now-antique HP OmniBook 800CT, but I don't usually travel with a keyboard.

// Posted from my Nexus 7 with the Android Central app :) //

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

gingersnapgirl

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's the case I got.

Amazon.com: KHOMO Black PU Leather 360 Degree Rotating Bluetooth Keyboard Case Cover Stand for Google Nexus 7 tablet (with Automatic Sleep/Wake Function): Computers & Accessories

It's 30 dollars, and it's downright FANTASTIC. Sexy, functional, and just plain dirt cheap (30 bucks). I don't know what more one could ask for. The keyboard rocks. It's Bluetooth too, unlike that horrible looking 7 dollar one.

How is the Nexus 7 secured in this case? Is it easy to remove/replace? I think the keyboard will be helpful for taking notes in school, but I'll probably want to take it out of the case when I'm home and playing games/web browsing.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
How is the Nexus 7 secured in this case? Is it easy to remove/replace? I think the keyboard will be helpful for taking notes in school, but I'll probably want to take it out of the case when I'm home and playing games/web browsing.

It's well secured and easy to remove as well. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's the case I got.

Amazon.com: KHOMO Black PU Leather 360 Degree Rotating Bluetooth Keyboard Case Cover Stand for Google Nexus 7 tablet (with Automatic Sleep/Wake Function): Computers & Accessories

It's 30 dollars, and it's downright FANTASTIC. Sexy, functional, and just plain dirt cheap (30 bucks). I don't know what more one could ask for. The keyboard rocks. It's Bluetooth too, unlike that horrible looking 7 dollar one.
Nice, tempted to upgrade from my cheapo case lol. Do u mind taking some pics? I wonder if the keyboard is any bigger (mine is 8" by 3")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair