USB OTG cable for $0.83 with free shipping

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I bought one of these cheap ones and found it did not fit right. The male end was too long and would not snap in place. Seller said they were all the same size and gave me a refund. Hope this one is better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of these cheap ones and found it did not fit right. The male end was too long and would not snap in place. Seller said they were all the same size and gave me a refund. Hope this one is better.

Same here, way too long.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How can it be a good deal if it doesn't fit right? Are there any other that work better?
did you buy one and it didn't fit?
if you are pointing out a post in the thread who said didn't fit was pointing out another cable which didnt fit and he/she was hoping this is better.

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
did you buy one and it didn't fit?
if you are pointing out a post in the thread who said didn't fit was pointing out another cable which didnt fit and he/she was hoping this is better.

Not sure I thoroughly understand your question, but tntdroid mentioned it didn't fit. Several owners made similar comments in their reviews at Amazon, best summed up by this title "Excessive play causing intermittent connection."

MantisToboggan

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, what do you use this cable for? Are you able to connect a USB thumb drive for extra storage space? Or is this just for connecting keyboards or things like that??

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, what do you use this cable for? Are you able to connect a USB thumb drive for extra storage space? Or is this just for connecting keyboards or things like that??

I've bought one of these and they're good for the price. C'mon, for under a dollar, how can one complain. I do have to admit the male end is kind of long, maybe half a cm or less sticking out, but it still fits and snaps in. It's not like its going to fall out all of a sudden. You can use the otg cable for ps3 controllers for certain types of games, keyboards, mouse, USB Flash drive, external portable hard drive, and etc.

Right now I'm using this otg to connect to my 500gb Buffalo Mini station portable external hard drive. It works great with the Nexus Media Importer app unless you root and use stickmount. Even when my Nexus 7 was at 14℅ of battery life left, it was still able to power the hard drive.

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
A USB OTG cable will allow you to use a flash drive for extra storage. You'll need an app to read the drive but there are free ones out there.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Ordered 2. I think I'm going to mount a jump drive in my new case and I'll just plug I need it and it can stay mounted to the case when I don't. Also looking forward to using some sort of gamepad controller with DeadTrigger.

whip it good

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one 9/30 from Amazon and it arrived today from Hong Kong. Worked OK to mount a USB drive. I still have plenty of free space on my 8gig N7 but this gives me options.

PeteIN

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else troubled by an item that ships across the Pacific Ocean (and, in my case, 2/3 of America) for under a dollar?

That being said, I ordered 2.

I had a heck of a time finding one in a store here. At Office Max the guy refused to believe such a thing existed. At Office Depot the guy had heard of them, but didn't have one in the store or online. At Best Buy the guy was fascinated by the idea --- was genuinely excited when I described it to him --- but had never heard of them before.

So thanks so much for the tip!

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else troubled by an item that ships across the Pacific Ocean (and, in my case, 2/3 of America) for under a dollar?

I was certainly dubious. I mean, international shipping is more than a buck! But it arrived ahead of schedule, fits fine, and works. Best 83? I've spent in a long time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke