Which USB OTG cable fits perfectly on Nexus 7 32gb

comandoed

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Went to find usb otg cable at Amazon and I was amazed at the comments
about cable not fitting properly. That micro usb end that goes to tablet was
too long, and shouldnt be pushed in too hard.
Most were shipped from China.
Does anybody have a link where they bought a cable that fits perfectly?

shona001

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't know which country you are in, I'm in the UK and bought THIS one from Amazon. I've not had any problems at all and just about all the reviews are good from N7 owners.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I bought this cable from eBay for the very reasons you stated.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Tablet-7-7-NEW-%2F140822658253&token=rvEF2C40

I found this based on what one of the Amazon reviewers wrote in his review of one of the cheap cables that he was dissatisfied with. Yes, this eBay cable is $2 more, but I didn't feel like dealing with a reorder if I happened to get some cheaper one with too long or short of a plug. I also could have ordered three cheap ones in case some didn't fit, but then the price would have been about the same as buying the more expensive one that seemed to have a good reputation.

This eBay version is well made and fits perfectly. It arrived within a few days, having shipped from Northern California, which is also where I'm located. I'm happy I went this route, and would buy it again if I needed another.

By the way, good question to bring up,especially as you stated it regarding mixed reviews for cheap cables.

sboh247

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
im on my 3rd OTG now. the first OTG started having problems after a lil while, must have been pressure from the weight of the usb drive cos it was always curved down when in use. i had to hold it straight or curved upwards to get it to work. the secnd OTG's pin was too long, still working but i wasnt too keen on that so i got a third one. the third one is an adapter so no bent cable. will see how long that will last. All in all, i would say handle OTGs with care.

Coldar

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate the e-bay link as I was quite reserved in buying unless it was the right one and without issues. Just placed my order in fact. Anxious for its arrival now.

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

shona001

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, in my basket too. I'm thinking with one of the micro flash drives, potential strain on the micro USB socket will be minimised. Something like this, which for ?15 ($24) will double the capacity on my N7:

SanDisk 32GB Cruzer Fit USB Flash Drive- Includes: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I've only got the 8gb N7, given to me as a present so not complaining, I bought this 64GB flash and have all my films, music, documents etc on that which leaves plenty of storage on my N7 for apps, games etc.
SanDisk Cruzer 64GB USB Flash Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

comandoed

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Went ahead and ordered it from Ebay link you provided. $2 for peace of mind that it will work and fit properly
is well worth it. Thanks

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Went ahead and ordered it from Ebay link you provided. $2 for peace of mind that it will work and fit properly
is well worth it. Thanks
Hopefully my experience will be replicated for you! Let us know about your experience once you receive the cable.

jamojamo

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you on Monoprice. Usually my shipping is more than the cable if I don't group purchases :)

Have been using them for a few years.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have one from my Moto Xoom days, that I never got around to using because I didn't keep the Xoom. Go figure Verizon is the masters of ruining even the most simple of things.

Just Prince

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought this cable from eBay for the very reasons you stated.

Micro USB 5 Pin OTG Host Cable for Asus Google Nexus Tablet 7 7" New | eBay

I found this based on what one of the Amazon reviewers wrote in his review of one of the cheap cables that he was dissatisfied with. Yes, this eBay cable is $2 more, but I didn't feel like dealing with a reorder if I happened to get some cheaper one with too long or short of a plug. I also could have ordered three cheap ones in case some didn't fit, but then the price would have been about the same as buying the more expensive one that seemed to have a good reputation.

This eBay version is well made and fits perfectly. It arrived within a few days, having shipped from Northern California, which is also where I'm located. I'm happy I went this route, and would buy it again if I needed another.

By the way, good question to bring up,especially as you stated it regarding mixed reviews for cheap cables.

Does that cable fit with the tablet in a case? I have the Asus case and want one that will work with the tablet still in the case.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought these Micro USB On-The-Go Host OTG Adapter (Pair) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
56 out of 58 reviews were 4 and 5 stars (Mostly 5 star reviews)
Hopefully they work well.
sku_50774_2.jpg

I also bought a tiny 16gb flash drive from amazon on cyber monday for $9
619eBHvWzPL._SL1100_.jpg

I think the combination of the small otg adapter and small flash drive will be awesome!

Edit: Wow sorry for the huge pics.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
ALL of the OTG cables/adapters I have purchased so far work fine. Here are a couple of pics of some in use with various connections.

Attachments

• P1000900_small.jpg
    P1000900_small.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 60
  • P1000868_small.jpg
    P1000868_small.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 64

mootpoint

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Are there any of these OTG's that have the 90 degree pointing in the other direction? I was thinking this would be a great solution for streaming movies or something but if its pointing up (?) wouldn't that defeat the purpose? This is all taking into consideration mine will be in a case that only allows it to be propped up in landscape with the volume buttons up, which again, by the look of angles would mean all the OTG's linked will be dangling there hung over twisting on the micro usb port rather than hanging down nicely with any weight resting on the tabletop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles