Best bluetooth speaker(s) for my N7?

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure whether this is more for the Accessory, or General forums, but here goes. For holiday use I'm looking for a bluetooth speaker solution, budget max ?50/$80. Movies and music kinda thing. For ease of travelling I'm looking at the mini "soundbar" style, rather than a pair of stereo speakers.

These are the contenders:

Creative D100 Portable Wireless Speaker Creative D100 Portable Wireless Speakers for outdoor parties | Creative Store (UK)

which supports Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) A2DP (Wireless Stereo Bluetooth) / AVRCP (Bluetooth Remote Control)

or

Logitech Mini Wireless Boombox Logitech Mini Boombox Technical Specifications - Logitech FAQ

which supports Bluetooth 2.1 and A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP.

I can't find the exact version of Bluetooth on the N7, but I'm assuming either will work. They both have aux in too.

Does anyone have experience of these, or any other bluetooth soundbar solution?

TIA.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Check out the Monster Clarity HD as well... that is what I have, and if I recall correctly, it is in that general price range.

ETA: Link It was about $60 when I bought it last year.

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I hunted and searched for the best bluetooth speaker option. I came to the conclusion that what I was looking for was descent sound, easy connection, small form factor, and enough volume to make it worth it. I ended up getting the Monster HD Clarity from Monster on Ebay refurbished for $40. It connects easy with the Nexus 7 and it sounds nice. It has more than enough volume and sounds great with movies and music. I use it at work to play music on and I can go 8 hours between charges. I have a friend that got the D100 and he likes it and thought it had good sound. I didn't want to replace my home stereo, I just wanted something that had some bass and sounded good. If your going for incredible sound, your looking at the Dr. Drye bluetooth speakers which are $300ish.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I personally really like the Logitech bluetooth adapter + a set of old (but good quality) computer speakers I had laying around. It's not portable like most of what you've been talking about, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463