Looking for Case with integrated Screen Protector and slim form

kimikookskookis

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a case that doesn't add too much bulk to the tablet, yet protects it. Also, I want it to have a screen protector built-in, so it covers 100% of the device. I don't care about a stand feature or auto-wake, as long as it protects the Nexus 7 from damage and still makes it fit into a parka pocket.

So far there's only those "book-style" cases or the official one, which I read today doesn't even fit perfectly! :eek: That one was my favorite.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ditto what "bigtroutz" said.

If you want one that will fit in a pocket, I would go with the Speck FitFolio.

(FULL DISCLOSURE: Speck Products provided me a FitFolio for the purpose of writing a review.)

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Speck Fitfolio case for my husband's Nexus 7 Xmas present, am quite pleased with the look and feel. Hoping he will like it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

kimikookskookis

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That one looks pretty nice :) But does it actually protect the screen? Even when it's open?

But right now I'm short on money, so a case has to wait!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the a poetic Slimline and so far, I love it. The case johnj mentioned looks great and I'm thinking about picking one up. Poetic is a great company also. Great customer service.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I got this Amazon.com: Poetic REVOLUTION Case for the Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black: Computers & Accessories

It is like an otterbox of some sort, comes with a "screen protector". in quotation marks because its not something you stick but already built in to the case.

Just to add a mini review. If you're looking for protection this is probably 1 of the best cases around. With the 2 weeks I've been using it, there only function that is not possible with this case is NFC.

Bought this case because I let my 2 year old use the nexus, and it has held up pretty well with the throwing and dropping of a toddler.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a case that doesn't add too much bulk to the tablet, yet protects it. Also, I want it to have a screen protector built-in, so it covers 100% of the device. I don't care about a stand feature or auto-wake, as long as it protects the Nexus 7 from damage and still makes it fit into a parka pocket.

So far there's only those "book-style" cases or the official one, which I read today doesn't even fit perfectly! :eek: That one was my favorite.

I have both the Asus stock case and a portenzo book case. Both fit perfectly

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2l8

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Looking for Case with integrated Screen Protector and slim form

I am borrowing this thread with the same question but I want the screen cover to be magnetically detachable like apple smart cover. It can't be so difficult to make if you put magnets on the hard cover and on the screen cover.

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

royal hussar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox do one I have an Otterbox for my iPhone and its very good. It has in both cases got the integral screen protector you are looking for. I have just ordered one for my nexus 7 from Amazon UK but they are out of stock so on back order.Not cheap ?44 plus P&P but could save hassle

SlushySolid

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I really like my gumdrop case. It's like an otterbox for the nexus 7, and it doesn't make it too much bigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

royal hussar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
As far as the cases with integrated screen protector is concerned I have just bought a Poetic Revolution simply because my preferred case would be the Otterbox but here in the UK Amazon quote 2 months delivery. Oh to live in the bloody UK. I actually ordered the Otterbox as the original lead time was 2-5 weeks the next day the time increased so I cancelled. The Poetic is OK ish but the design is flawed the silicon surround will not sit flush around the camera and is very annoying.I am technically capable and have tried every which way to get to to work how its supposed to no avail. Finally a little silicon sealant along where the cover is supposed to fit and left overnight sorts it. I know if I remove the N7 I will have to re do it but that wont be till I can get my hands on an Otterbox. Poetic need to address this problem quickly.

Natu Myers

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Just to add a mini review. If you're looking for protection this is probably 1 of the best cases around. With the 2 weeks I've been using it, there only function that is not possible with this case is NFC.

Bought this case because I let my 2 year old use the nexus, and it has held up pretty well with the throwing and dropping of a toddler.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

How great is the screen protector? I hear it makes the screen bl

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
How great is the screen protector? I hear it makes the screen bl

They just sent out a replacement top cover for those who purchased one. They received a lot of complaints about their cover being blurry and they just changed it and sent out a replacement to ALL who purchased it.

Personally the original front protector didn't bother me at all. But getting the placement in the mail makes me a happy costumer. The new cover is a lot clearer than then original.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo