Nexus 7 docking station

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I don't see one thing that would induce me to pay $40 for that thing. If I want my N7 propped up while charging or hooked up to my computer, I'll just use my $15 prop up case. Now, if it had a keyboard or built in speakers, maybe.

Last edited:

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't pay $40 for this either! If it had a way to use HDMI with the N7, then I would definitely go for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Like, Crazy, man !!

I want one but for 15 bux or 20 with a tailwind....40 ? not a chance !

Seriously, I'm really interested in what it is that makes you even consider buying one of those at any price? I'm not being a smart a**, I just wonder if there's some advantage to it that I'm missing.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, I'm really interested in what it is that makes you even consider buying one of those at any price?

Speaking only for myself, I'm primarily interested in it to reduce wear and potential damage to the USB port for charging. Having had one device die because the charging port came loose from the board, it worries me. Otherwise, being able to leave a set of speakers plugged into the dock is just a convenience issue.

Do I think it's overpriced? Certainly. But if I can manage to get one, it'll give me some peace of mind.

Plus it'll be a lot more convenient to just drop it into a bedside cradle, than to get my tired old eyes to focus on a micro-USB plug in the middle of the night.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, I'm really interested in what it is that makes you even consider buying one of those at any price? I'm not being a smart a**, I just wonder if there's some advantage to it that I'm missing.

As others have said, easier to just drop into the cradle and no cable to plug in - a pain since i need to put my reading glasses on to see the microUSB orientation. And as others have said, this always causes mechanical wear and tear on the port. Using the Pogo pins does not. There is also the possibility that using the Pogo port would allow continued microUSB use for other purposes like my hub with keyboard, mouse and USB stick plugged in. May or may not be possible.... nobody seems sure about this.

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Do we know if the docking USB port will do data?.. or just charging?

There seems to be no consensus, mathelm. Since nobody has had one to test out, it's an unknown. Some folks messing with home made Pogo pin chargers over at XDA noticed that charging changed microUSB data-connect states.... We will have to wait to see if Asus made the circuits required to allow simultaneous charging and sound output via pogo and data via microUSB.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante