Incipio Slim Folio? Anybody used it?

RoccOn16v

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
AC has the Incipio Slim Kickstand Folio for Google Nexus 7 as the deal of the day. I'm thinking about picking it up, but the video made me nervous (it's clearly falling at the end when they cut the camera, really a crap showcase from mobile nations... what are you guys doing?!)

MobileNationsGear is the video link, falls at 0:41.

Anyway, since I don't feel like I can trust the video showcase and there are no reviews I can find, anybody used one? They stand up ok? Decent angles?

Thanks in advance!

kkdadd

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
You're absolutely right about the video cutting off right when it's falling LOL, but it's because the demonstration person didn't put the tablet in the groove part. It's kind of crooked. Anyway, I got mine and the quality and construction is really nice, but I wouldn't say it's worth the higher price because it has no magnetic on/sleep. The angles are fine. Actually, I played around with the case just now by putting it crooked like the person in the video did and it doesn't completely fall. there's a stiff part that props the whole thing up. I'd say that the whole thing is quite sturdy. But it has a strong odor. I started using mine on Tuesday the 12th of March and I can still smell the plastic (? I dunno haha) used in the construction. All of the ports are exposed (mic, volume, power, usb, speaker, and audio), but the elastic is somewhat annoying, in my opinion, because it sort of covers the audio jack. so you either have to start your music first, flip the elastic over to the back, and then plug your headphones in to listen to music (which is like whaaaaaaaatttttt? how do i select music then? the elastic and headphone cord would get tangled) or not use the elastic band at all, which is what I do, since the cover covers pretty well without shifting around. I hope this was helpful and not too incoherent :p

RoccOn16v

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the reply kkdadd! Weird this got so many views and 0 responses till you showed up! Trying to find a good case for the gf as hers keeps falling over. Might pick this one up... still thinking about it.

kkdadd

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Haha no worries! Yeah to be honest, I wouldn't get this one after the discount unless if you can find it cheaper elsewhere. I've been doing a lot of reading and agonizing over whyyyyyy I jumped the gun and got the Incipio case lol. I think the Speck Fitfolio case looks pretty good. It has the magnetic on/sleep feature (i guess since i'm lazy, i value this more lol) and a latch thingy closure instead of an elastic band that gets tangled up with the headphone cord. But I also read/saw pics that the Speck case's front doesn't lay flat while this Incipio case does and looks really good closed, like a Moleskine notebook. I mean this case is still really nice, it's just... for me, the little details. It's up to you :p I think they're both about $35? (eeek!)

Last edited: