Nexus Running Slow

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Mine is an original 2012, just updated to Lollipop. But even before the update it was running SLOW. I have my username and both of my kids have one. They each have a bunch of games, but I try to keep it pared down pretty well and dump the ones they're not using, so as not to occupy too many resources. But other than the issue of apps slowing it down (which I'm working on uninstalling some), has anyone else run into these things just kind of slowing down?? Any ways to speed it up/clean it up other than just uninstalling stuff?

Also, where it is often the slowest is switching from one user to another. It will often shut down (not power down, but just close), and then it may take a minute or two to open back up. It's very frustrating for me and for my kids. I've been trying to update their apps today and delete some for the driving we'll be doing this weekend and I've restarted/rebooted it 4 or 5 times already b/c it keeps getting hung up.

Any ideas are appreciated! The sooner the better as I'll be leaving at noon for the day.

Last edited:

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Easy process - certainly didn't hurt anything. Looks better so far. We'll see as the day goes on how it worked. Thank you for the assist!

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
No luck. Still running terribly slow. Launcher (stock) fails to start, and tonight "Processes" for hung up. App load is relatively slim - should be plenty of of space and resources. Frustrated :-/ Will tinker with it tonight....

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've done everything I can find to do online and here. Nothing seems to be making a difference. Almost every app crashes - even Google Play. I can't do updates without restarting. Can't do hardly anything without restarting. Any ideas??? This seems to have come up in just the last month or so. Maybe something to do with the update? I'm open to anything - just trying to avoid having to buy a new tablet.... :/ Thanks

S Dimmerman

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
my nexus runs slow to with this junk update, Also I find that my games take longer to start as well as shut down mid-game. I have also had my Google and Chrome bowers either not start or just shutdown on me.

Wackyrog

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Recently my Nexus 7 was upgraded I think from Andriod 5.0 to 5.5.

Now is seems that many of my games, email, Ebook are so much slower and keep crashing all the time. This has been a disaster, before it all worked OK, but now, it crashes every 5 or so minutes, any ideas?

Roger