Status
Not open for further replies.

Billo86

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
nope,
its still gives me " failed <command write error <error unkown>

says locked in red

ive download the nexus7.zip from your first post and download universal from this page. followed everything like you showed in the video. made sure i spelled everything right in cmd window

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
nope,
its still gives me " failed <command write error <error unkown>

says locked in red

ive download the nexus7.zip from your first post and download universal from this page. followed everything like you showed in the video. made sure i spelled everything right in cmd window

Try a different USB port and/or a different USB cable.

Billo86

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
i chose " install zip from sd card / choose zip from sd card" like you did in the vid but nothing happens. its says "e:cant mount /SDCARD/"

i think i have a idea whats going wrong in my case. i have daemon tool installed, and i try to push supersu.zip to sdcard, it says "daemon not running, daemon started succesfully. so it sends the zip to daemon software rather then the tablet. going to unistall daemon now but it will ask to restart my pc. is it safe to that whit my tablet in clockworkmod?

so uninstalled daemon tools software, didnt restart my pc since i wasnt sure if i should with my tablet connected to it. i pushed supersu.zip again and rebooted revocery. it still cant mount sdcard

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i chose " install zip from sd card / choose zip from sd card" like you did in the vid but nothing happens. its says "e:cant mount /SDCARD/"

i think i have a idea whats going wrong in my case. i have daemon tool installed, and i try to push supersu.zip to sdcard, it says "daemon not running, daemon started succesfully. so it sends the zip to daemon software rather then the tablet. going to unistall daemon now but it will ask to restart my pc. is it safe to that whit my tablet in clockworkmod?

so uninstalled daemon tools software, didnt restart my pc since i wasnt sure if i should with my tablet connected to it. i pushed supersu.zip again and rebooted revocery. it still cant mount sdcard

Make sure you are using the latest recovery. Download the image from here: ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

Scroll down to Google Nexus 7, and select the appropriate touch version for either the standard or GSM enabled device, whichever you have. Then just like you did earlier, flash it from the bootloader and boot into it, then use that to flash the supersu.zip. Also make sure it is the most recent SuperSU zip, v .99, available here: SuperSU Download

@ragnarokx, check the OP files and make sure they have the latest recovery and su available as well, or people will have problems with anything 4.2 or later :)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Read the second entry in Troubleshooting at the start of this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 4

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you are using the latest recovery. Download the image from here: ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

Scroll down to Google Nexus 7, and select the appropriate touch version for either the standard or GSM enabled device, whichever you have. Then just like you did earlier, flash it from the bootloader and boot into it, then use that to flash the supersu.zip. Also make sure it is the most recent SuperSU zip, v .99, available here: SuperSU Download

@ragnarokx, check the OP files and make sure they have the latest recovery and su available as well, or people will have problems with anything 4.2 or later :)

Good call, haven't updated in a while.

Updated CWM and SU in OP.

Billo86

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
using the new files helped me, so now i have supersui thingy. my next move is to figure out what roms and other stuff is before trying to install one of those. and yeppp, i am a total noob
thanks for your help guys.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." Google Nexus 7 Bootloader interface then it says Access is Denied. What is this coming from? I have full access to the files...

EDIT: Alright got it rooted and supersu is a champ and running smooth. Now what is a good ROM to install?

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." Google Nexus 7 Bootloader interface then it says Access is Denied. What is this coming from? I have full access to the files...

EDIT: Alright got it rooted and supersu is a champ and running smooth. Now what is a good ROM to install?

I'm using SlimBean. Nice features, light and fast, and no problems yet.

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I unlocked bootloader and rooted using this method months ago.

Now recently I updated to 4.1.2 or 4.2 whatever was the most recent update. I lost root but when i boot up my device i still have the unlock icon below the google logo. That means the bootloader is still unlocked right I just have to get root permission again? If that is the case then where should I start at on this tutorial?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I unlocked bootloader and rooted using this method months ago.

Now recently I updated to 4.1.2 or 4.2 whatever was the most recent update. I lost root but when i boot up my device i still have the unlock icon below the google logo. That means the bootloader is still unlocked right I just have to get root permission again? If that is the case then where should I start at on this tutorial?

All you need to do is flash SuperSU.zip again in Clockwork get to root back. Do you have a custom recovery like Clockwork currently installed? If so, start the video after Clockwork is installed. If you still have the stock recovery, start the video after the bootloader is unlocked and before Clockwork is installed.

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
All you need to do is flash SuperSU.zip again in Clockwork get to root back. Do you have a custom recovery like Clockwork currently installed? If so, start the video after Clockwork is installed. If you still have the stock recovery, start the video after the bootloader is unlocked and before Clockwork is installed.

Ah okay. I believe I still have the stock recovery. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com
Re: [VIDEO] Unlock, Root, &amp; Clockwork for the Nexus 7 Tablet

Hey, first thanks for the time you put into this!
I have a problem. All goes well including the push supersu.zip to the tablet however when I go to the menu on the tablet the supersu.zip does not appear in the choices.
I have a brand new Nexus7 32GB with no sd card as such. Version 4.2.1
Maybe something got updated?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem. All goes well including the push supersu.zip to the tablet however when I go to the menu on the tablet the supersu.zip does not appear in the choices.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

The folders changed a little with 4.2.1. It might be something like /0/sdcard/supersu.zip

Sent from my Nexus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.