[VIDEO] Unlock, Root, & Clockwork for the Nexus 7 Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I could never get it to work. I spend hours fooling with this solution before giving up. I finally downloaded the Took Kit from Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 | WugFresh and let it install. Great tool and a no brainer to unlock and root.

As my first posts state, my method is for not just unlocking and rooting, but actually learning what you're doing and how it works. I've heard a few horror stories about Toolkits gone wrong, and the people using them don't know where to start to fix things because they rely on one-click solutions.

If anyone else has problems, post here and I'm happy to help as I've been doing since day 1 :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

edit: here is a good read about 1-clicks and toolkits: The Dangers of Tool Kits and One Click Root Methods + Mini Rant - xda-developers

Last edited:

shadricksimms

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey my problem is weird. To root nexus 7 tablet I need to check developers option but..... I dont see it. Does that mean it cant be rooted? Its the nexus 7 asus

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey my problem is weird. To root nexus 7 tablet I need to check developers option but..... I dont see it. Does that mean it cant be rooted? Its the nexus 7 asus

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

You need to enable Developer Settings. Go to your system settings and then the About menu, then keep tapping on the Android version number until it says you're a developer.

TheMaestro24

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
you guys seriously need to address the adb push line and stop treating it as if its not a common problem people are having. 3 people asked and got no relevant answers in return. The user who talked about repeating the push line again, just didn't work for me. I still see nothing in the sd card when I try and select it on my tablet.

EDIT: I'm all good now. I just had to redo the adb push line MULTIPLE TIMES before it actually showed up on the tablet.

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
you guys seriously need to address the adb push line and stop treating it as if its not a common problem people are having. 3 people asked and got no relevant answers in return. The user who talked about repeating the push line again, just didn't work for me. I still see nothing in the sd card when I try and select it on my tablet.

EDIT: I'm all good now. I just had to redo the adb push line MULTIPLE TIMES before it actually showed up on the tablet.

That's what the troubleshooting section is for - it was addressed there early on.

Sent from my Nexus 4

LucidDev

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Here are a couple of problems I ran into and how I fixed them.
Could not mount /sdcard/
Could not find any files on /sdcard/

Fix:
I pushed to /sdcard/0/ instead of just /sdcard/
(adb push supersu.zip /sdcard/0/)

============================

When I tried to install the universal driver, the interface driver (the one that Android pushed to Windows Update) was already installed.

Fix:
Unplug Device, Uninstall Interface Driver, Plug In Device
When Windows Update is trying to install the driver, click the "Skip obtaining drivers from Windows Update"
Then you can follow the steps in the video.

EDIT:
Didn't make it clear what this post was for, thanks for the reply though @ragnarokx

Last edited:

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
When Im doing Fastboot boot clockwork.img its resetting my Nexus and sending it to the start up screen like when you first take it out of the box. Any idea why?

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about that one - do other Fastboot commands work ok?

Yeah. Its really weird. Lol. Up until that point at least. Didnt try any afterMaybe I should try relocking the bootloader and starting from scratch again? Its a weird issue

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy S3

storlem

May 15, 2013
Visit site
i think i finally figured out what i missed, i did not turn on the usb debugging before i did all these. i think that is the reason why i can see N7 in the device manager but not in my computer.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i cant boot. when i go to recovery it says boot failed. i tried factory image restore where i had another problem. is there hope for my n7?

Your only sure fire solution is a factory restore. Post in that thread to diagnose your restore problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4

dannyjoebrown

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
OH HELP I got all the stuff right except once i got the bootloader I must of hit sideload zip and now I cant get anyting to happen cant get it to go back to bootloader with pwr and down it says sideload started now the send the package you want to apply and my pc keeps saying now waiting for device

what do i do - let the battery run out i cant get this thing to budge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance