[GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks....everything goes well until the sending system part.... I watched the video and it only took him 2 min.... and for me it stays on the sending system part for more than 15 min...I'm still stuck on that...plz help me...I don't know what to do.... if u can help me ...I'll be willing to donate...plz help me man..... I can't even boot up now..it sstays in the Google screen plz help me
UPDATE: I switched usb ports and it worked.... man urges the best....I love u....urge the best...I want to donate plz give me a link so that I can donate. Ur the best man.... love u and android central... android for life.....

Yeah usually switching to a rear usb port will help. Glad you got it working. Key thing is to not panic, you can't brick a Nexus device, we can always fix them.

No donations needed buddy, just enjoy :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jktghfg

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow...I wish there were more kind hearted individuals like u in this world.... Thanks once agsain ....and keep up the good work

- - - Updated - - -

Wow...I wish there were more kind hearted individuals like u in this world.... Thanks once agsain ....and keep up the good work

ionwire

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

THANKYOU SO SO SO MUCH!

After flashing ParanoidAndroid on my Nexus, I decided I didn't want it and wiped everything, but some of it was still there; the keyboard had some holes in it and there were only two options at the bottom; back and recent apps. From the home screen it was obvious that it went wrong. i must have wiped everything at least five times, until I started to get desperate. I found this after three hours of googling and it worked perfectly. I was a bit worried with all the erasing I had to do, but it was good. THANKYOU AGAIN!

gfgfg55

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

sooo that was interesting lol

I started with 4.2 and wanted to downgrade to 4.1 and when I was done I ended up with 4.2.1???

Raja Khan

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Hello i was wondering if any of you could help me. Im trying to do a factory reset of my tablet, its rooted and what i think i might have bricked it or w.e it never gets past the boot up from the fastbood mode even when i choose recovery or something. I followed the video to the dot and i get up to the part where im supposed to plug my tablet it in.. i plugged it in and still nothing.. it still says waiting for device. I've used 2 cables and still nothing. Any help will be nice.
Or i heard that theres another way to do a hard reset and thats by setting it into recovery from the fastboot mode but i heard that the nexus 7 has a bug and u need to be plugged into a pc to do it, problem is when i plug it into a pc i cant use the volume buttons. If any1 could tell me how to fix that problem then i can just do it that way. Sorry if im hijacking this thread lol.

Jonny68

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,first time poster on here but long time poster on XDA,basically like many on here my Nexus is not working due to a bad flash,tried twice using the Nexus 7 toolkit but it just stays at sending system so im gonna try manually input the commands,sold my laptop and just use the Nexus (and Galaxy S3) so using internet cafes.

Hopefully 3rd time lucky after work tomorrow evening,2defmouze looks to be very helpful and knowledgeable,fingers crossed ill get my Nexus 7 back,im lost without it.

jktghfg

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happened to me....just switch to one of the rear USB things.... And it should work....mine got stuck on the sending system part too but then I used rear usbport and it worked.

Jonny68

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Got mine sorted finally using wugfresh toolkit so I've a factory stock Nexus, will get round to rooting the weekend after all the trauma I had restoring the Nexus I had no energy left to wait and root, thanks for this thread anyway

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah usually switching to a rear usb port will help. Glad you got it working. Key thing is to not panic, you can't brick a Nexus device, we can always fix them.

No donations needed buddy, just enjoy :)

You're right on that one. Finally, a device that is I.Guy-proof! :) takes a while to figure out what you're doing, but once you get it, it's all fun and games.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

jktghfg

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi

It's me again... I rooted my nexus 7 again... it gets stuck at the sending system part again...I've tried usingnthe bacon ports like before....but it gets stuck like before....plz help

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi

It's me again... I rooted my nexus 7 again... it gets stuck at the sending system part again...I've tried usingnthe bacon ports like before....but it gets stuck like before....plz help

Keep trying.. If it worked before it will work again.

What keeps going on that you've had to do so many factory image restores, out of curiosity?

jktghfg

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Needed to send it back to Google.... thanks man.... I didn't give up and it worked once again...I have no words to praise how good of a Person u are....thanks again man.... android for life

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Tried all of them, also tried the shell file provided by google.
That's the error message:
Code:
fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jop40d.zip
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
--------------------------------------------
getvar:version-bootloader FAILED (command write failed (Bad file descriptor))
finished. total time: 0.000s

Code:
sh flash-all.sh
(bootloader) Bootloader is already unlocked
OKAY [  0.020s]
finished. total time: 0.020s
erasing 'boot'...
OKAY [  0.122s]
finished. total time: 0.122s
******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.188s]
finished. total time: 0.188s
erasing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.122s]
finished. total time: 0.122s
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  0.213s]
finished. total time: 0.213s
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [  5.008s]
finished. total time: 5.008s
sending 'bootloader' (2096 KB)...
OKAY [  0.263s]
writing 'bootloader'...
OKAY [  1.948s]
finished. total time: 2.211s
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [  0.020s]
finished. total time: 0.020s
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
Bootloader Version...: 4.13
Baseband Version.....: N/A
Serial Number........: 015d3c26385c0815
checking product...
OKAY [  0.030s]
checking version-bootloader...
OKAY [  0.009s]
sending 'boot' (4942 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Cannot send after transport endpoint shutdown))
finished. total time: 72.871s

then tried to reboot into bootloader via terminal and it says that
Code:
fastboot reboot-bootloader
rebooting into bootloader...
FAILED (command write failed (Protocol error))
finished. total time: 0.005s

then the screen starts flickering and doing strange stuff....please help!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Tried all of them, also tried the shell file provided by google.
That's the error message:

then the screen starts flickering and doing strange stuff....please help!

Try sending the pieces individually. First perform the wipe steps (fastboot erase boot, fastboot erase userdata, fastboot erase system, etc...), then send the bits one at a time:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
etc down the list...

niclaw

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Now its my turn! I have been at it for last 18 hours straight trying to wrap my head around.

Once upon a time, 18 hours ago....I was reading a book on N7 when it just went off. I thought the battery must have died. Left it on charge overnight. Turn it back on in the morning and get the "X"!
I have tried most suggestions in this post and from other posts too.
Long story short, I am able to get into "fastboot" mode.
I am able to get the serial number response from "fastboot devices".
I am NOT able to go any further (CANNOT get "fastboot oem unlock" to work which would be the key to this entire theatrics).
To save all a lot of reading, I am attaching image.
Any genius's out here who can trump the fat fallen Android?

Attachments

• N7.jpg
    N7.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 12

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Now its my turn! I have been at it for last 18 hours straight trying to wrap my head around.

Once upon a time, 18 hours ago....I was reading a book on N7 when it just went off. I thought the battery must have died. Left it on charge overnight. Turn it back on in the morning and get the "X"!
I have tried most suggestions in this post and from other posts too.
Long story short, I am able to get into "fastboot" mode.
I am able to get the serial number response from "fastboot devices".
I am NOT able to go any further (CANNOT get "fastboot oem unlock" to work which would be the key to this entire theatrics).
To save all a lot of reading, I am attaching image.
Any genius's out here who can trump the fat fallen Android?

Well a factory image restore is meant to recover your device when you screwed something up hacking at it. Yours just turning off while you're reading is not related. Sounds more like hardware failure to me, though I can't say for sure.

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Try sending the pieces individually. First perform the wipe steps (fastboot erase boot, fastboot erase userdata, fastboot erase system, etc...), then send the bits one at a time:
etc down the list...

it says that the device shuts down the end point...
gone to google...:(

- - - Updated - - -

etc down the list...

it says that the device shuts down the end point...
gone to google...:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis