how do you stop the ota notifications?

edwinc8811

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
sorry if this was answered a lot but I am fully unlocked and rooted with permanent clockwork recovery (newest release). how do I stop the notifications that tell me to update. I don't wanna lose root or anything...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
sorry if this was answered a lot but I am fully unlocked and rooted with permanent clockwork recovery (newest release). how do I stop the notifications that tell me to update. I don't wanna lose root or anything...

Honestly.. the best thing to do right now is take the update. You will have to flash the stock recovery (we have instructions for that, read through ragnarokx's thread specifically, he has addressed it a few times) in order to accept it. Once done, you can boot into the bootloader as you did earlier, flash the custom recovery, and just root the update just like you did before. It requires no extra steps or files from rooting like you did in the first place.. except you need the stock recovery in order to accept the update.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't quite answer your question as I'm not sure how to block update notifications unless you are on a custom ROM. For now, I believe the easiest thing to do is as I said, take the update, and just root it. :)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
What he^ said.

Keep in mind that CM10 and AOKP (amongst many others) will be coming to this device soon, and OTA'S will be a non-issue. In the meantime, I agree to flash the stock recovery, take the OTA update, then flash your preferred recovery back.

Or... you could just let the OTA install fail everytime on your custom recovery. It doesn't hurt anything, it's just annoying, ha :)

*customized tapatalk signature*

Reactions: 2defmouze

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2