[ROM] AOKP Official Nightly

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
First nightly was definitely laggy/buggy a bit for me, on a clean install. Went back to euroskank's CM10 for now... but as dmmarck said I'm sure this will be a great ROM in due time... nightlies aren't supposed to be bugproof :)

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this rendition of AOKP has quite a few bugs from what I have played around with. Nandroiding back to stock until they work out some of these bugs.

anon(186320)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You know what's been even more fun than flashing the nightlies? Building my own.

I was running the preview builds of AOKP JB before the nightlies, and I can say that none have been "buggy" in my experience. We're just waiting on all the tweaks and features that were present in the ICS versions to show up.

lucky sevens

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm running this AOKP JB build 1 on my Galaxy Nexus phone and not sure what bugs you all are seeing on the N7 device. This build is very stable, not laggy and virtually bugless for me on my GN phone. I realize this is the tablet N7 AOKP JB version but just putting in my 2 cents worth on the new build AOKP JB build I'm using. I'm sure we'll have more choices soon. Haven't rooted my N7 yet but when I do I will try this AOKP JB rom out for sure.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm running this AOKP JB build 1 on my Galaxy Nexus phone and not sure what bugs you all are seeing on the N7 device. This build is very stable, not laggy and virtually bugless for me on my GN phone. I realize this is the tablet N7 AOKP JB version but just putting in my 2 cents worth on the new build AOKP JB build I'm using. I'm sure we'll have more choices soon. Haven't rooted my N7 yet but when I do I will try this AOKP JB rom out for sure.

Well they have "dummy" toggles for vibrate (no haptic = no vibrate) and you can't scroll down/past to remove other toggles (e.g. screen rotation).

lucky sevens

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey it's the first build for JB and AOKP, for sure there are things either missing or just not added to the rom yet but for my purposes this build will do for now since I want Jelly Bean on my "Verizon" Galaxy Nexus phone that was running ICS previously. I've been using AOKP's roms for quite a while on my GN phone with very good customizable features and very few issues over all. We all want different things out of a custom rom so I can understand why some won't want to use some of the few "NEW" JB builds that are available right now for the N7. It's just a matter of time now till we have more choices....guess my point is I've had good results with AOKP in the past on my GN phone.....:cool: