What kernel is the best and why?

jsz3us

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I am unlocked and rooted stock ROM. I have never thought of flashing a different ROM or kernel because I think Google did a good job here. I read the forums a lot and people are proclaiming up and down about their kernel. So I am wondering whats all the hub bub about. Better performance/battery life? I think the nexus 7 is perfect just like it is. Well maybe if it had a haptic feedback it would be perfect. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Right now I would say just flash a ROM like CM10 that has a custom kernel already baked into it. CM10 uses its own kernel built for their ROM and it's solid.

Trinity kernel was good but I didn't notice and significant change from CM10 kernel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

cusinndzl

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Trinity kernel right now simply because the processor runs a little bit faster when it's needed. Battery life is still good even though it's overclocked.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am unlocked and rooted stock ROM. I have never thought of flashing a different ROM or kernel because I think Google did a good job here. I read the forums a lot and people are proclaiming up and down about their kernel. So I am wondering whats all the hub bub about. Better performance/battery life? I think the nexus 7 is perfect just like it is. Well maybe if it had a haptic feedback it would be perfect. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

The Kernel is basically the drivers and controls so the software can use the hardware. There is a ton of optimizations that can happen just because the shear amount of interaction between the ROM and Kernel but be careful taking what users say about the benefits they see. Some people see huge benefits more because it was their pick of the kernels. Try not to switch between kernels to often because it can take a day or so for a kernel to settle down and for you to really see how it performs in your eco system.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital