Will a Verizon Mifi work with this? What cable to use?

EquiPro

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I have a Verizon Mifi and would like to have it work with my new N7. If I root the N7, will the Mifi work with it? How would I set up the software used by the Mifi on the N7? Is there something else I would need to do?

What cable do I use, since both the N7 and the Mifi take a micro USB?

If this setup won't work, what would be the best way to get portable internet access? I have a DroidX phone, which I will be replacing in October.

Thanks!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I have a Verizon Mifi and would like to have it work with my new N7. If I root the N7, will the Mifi work with it? How would I set up the software used by the Mifi on the N7? Is there something else I would need to do?

What cable do I use, since both the N7 and the Mifi take a micro USB?

If this setup won't work, what would be the best way to get portable internet access? I have a DroidX phone, which I will be replacing in October.

Thanks!

If your MiFi takes a micro USB, that's for power / recharging. Unless I'm mistaken, all of Verizon's MiFi units are wifi hotspots, meaning there is no software to configure on the N7. I use a MiFi 4510l, and connect to it the same way I would with any other device - by simply inputting the network key, no root required. The micro-USB is only used for recharging the device.

That being said, it works great. VZ hasn't finished testing its towers under 4g load in my neighborhood, so I generally am on 3g here, but it still supports my phone, PC, and tablet at the same time (though while I can stream video on any one of them just fine, that does monopolize the bandwidth).

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
One of the newer models is able to usb tether I just dont see the point. I also have the 4510L and love it.

dpwaters72

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Turn it on (your Verizon MIFI) and look under your WIFI settings on your N7 for your MIFI device. It connects the same way as if you are connecing to your home WIFI.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Your password is on the back cover. Also u can plug the mifi into your PC for software updates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool