Successful Root - Unsuccessful Restore :(

Stinyo

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I followed the NRT v1.5.3's directions to a tee and everything worked very well. The drivers were installed successfully, backing up was successful, unlocking and rooting were as well. Now I'm trying to restore my .ab file from the NRT and it's a no go. The restore comes up, starts restoring, gets through two or three apps and then disappears on my Nexus 7 - it goes to the home screen. The dialog on my laptop still says it's restoring, then after a couple of minutes it says "Process Finished!"

Anyone have a fix to this? I have a delightfully rooted device, but can't restore it and that's sad.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had ~3.7 gigs of apps and I spent quite a lot of time setting them up. It won't be the end of the world if I can't get them back, but it would be nice to restore..

Understood. Is there anyway to skip that trouble app?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Something to be said for nandroid. When you get ready look for an app called "online nandroid backup". You can do a nanadroid from the device without going into CWM or TWRP recovery.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Something to be said for nandroid. When you get ready look for an app called "online nandroid backup". You can do a nanadroid from the device without going into CWM or TWRP recovery.

Do you have a link? What does it back up exactly?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a link? What does it back up exactly?

It's in Google Play, works on my Gingerbread HTC Rezound and my N7. It's compatible and can be restored via CWM (I'm using the latest 6.xxxx touch version on N7). I'm using Amon Ra on my Rezound, haven't tried a restore with AR to see if it works. The dev never mentioned that it does, but I use it and save it off just the same.

Here's the web link, try searching for it on the play store from you device.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...NvbS5oM3IzdDFjLm9ubmFuZGJ1cCJd&token=gj3r6EQI

Reactions: dmmarck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's in Google Play, works on my Gingerbread HTC Rezound and my N7. It's compatible and can be restored via CWM (I'm using the latest 6.xxxx touch version on N7). I'm using Amon Ra on my Rezound, haven't tried a restore with AR to see if it works. The dev never mentioned that it does, but I use it and save it off just the same.

Here's the web link, try searching for it on the play store from you device.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...NvbS5oM3IzdDFjLm9ubmFuZGJ1cCJd&token=KNM6c87y

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude