Downgrade Nexus 7? (Gingerbread, Honeycomb, ICS)

clone2148

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi

As most of us are aware, the Nexus 7 is a Google/Nexus device, and it can be hacked, etc. It also also meant for Android development. The Android community is huge, and I was wondering, are there any people out there who can either point me to a Gingerbread, Honeycomb, or ICS rom for the Nexus 7, or compile it from source? I have no experience in compiling, so I can not assist you, but can somebody maybe get the drivers, stock Gingerbread or ICS, or any other, and maybe make a custom Rom, or maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!!

msgnyc

May 23, 2010
Visit site
uhh why would you want to install gingerbread or ICS on a device that comes stock with Jelly Bean o_O?
I wouldn't expect much help in such a project to be honest with you. I see no point to it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You will never find a developer interested in helping with that, lol. Not sure why you are interested unless its for pure curiosity. You can check this guide dmmarck wrote on compiling Android from source:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...99-guide-ubuntu-compiling-android-source.html

It is written for the Galaxy Nexus and for new builds, however, as an AOSP supported device the instructions would need very little alteration to work for grouper (the Nexus 7).. basically you just change the target build device. Theoretically you may be able to have it compile earlier versions of Android as well.... but again I seriously doubt it would be successful or worth your time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol