Gaming Roms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Nicholas x

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I'm new to all this Android stuff, I'm getting my Nexus 7 this week and would like to know what it's capable of and what I can do on it so I have some things ready to go when it arrives

Can you play things like Pokemon Roms on the Nexus 7? I only have a minor amount of experience with emulators and roms to play things like gameboy/nintendo games on my PC

Any tips or recommendations for gaming?

NuclearFenix

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I've rooted my droid bionic and I easily found roms along with pokemon and etc.
as for HD versions or versions that will have a higher resolution, i'm not sure.

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep this is perfectly easy :) literally goto the play store and search for one for example a search for snes emulator cones up with several valid snes emulators

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Friendly reminder: emulators are great, but game ROMs are illegal and can't be discussed/linked to here.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Derek Williams1

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
To be perfectly blunt. game ROMS are not illegal in any way as long as you own the original game. This can be quoted off of any rom site, or can be found in wikipedia, or a quick google search.

And since innocence is assumed until guilty, so while specific links may not be posted (as the majority will take them and eat them up) discussion should not be interrupted, as there is a general want for this information by the group of individuals that actually own the games, and simply wish to use emulators to play on other devices. Which is legal.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

kybluejeep1

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
" Do not post, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. AC has a zero tolerance policy on such posts."

Too be even more blunt this doesn't say its illegal too discuss something that is legal in the eyes of the law it says not to discuss illegal activities. And to make anything illegal the owners of AC would have to be a legislative body.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Dude, whatever.

These guys give us a free web forum with moderation (so it doesn't devolve into a completely childish reddit website) so we can discuss the topic of android hardware and software. All they ask in return is for us to ignore the ads and obey the rules they have set forth.

I'm not arguing the notion of government legality for game ROMs or anything like that. I'm just saying that it is clearly marked that they don't want you talking about those topics on their website, and that you shouldn't be surprised if you get an insta-ban as a result of doing it against their wishes.

Geez, there's umpteen hundred different websites to talk about Game ROMs. Go talk there about them. Once you have an emulator installed on your android device, it isn't like you need "android" specific game ROMs. Yeah, all those sites suck because they are filled with endless sleezy pop-up junk and a lot of unmoderated garbage. Imagine that.

Oh yeah, you could always host your own website where people would be free to talk about game ROMs at length.... Facts is facts, the people that own this site don't want it talked about. Deal with it.

-Suntan

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
To be clear, discussion of game ROMs in the forums is not permitted. We are not going to debate that policy in this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.