I need help please, I'm stuck following Casey's N7 Root Guide

Lunarbob19

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a N7 tablet after much scouring the internet it sounded the best thing to get. I see everywhere being mentioned how you really need to unlock and root it right away to get the best use out of it.

I am following this video's instructions.
Nexus 7 root guide - YouTube . The Nexus 7 Root Guide.

After a few false starts and stops I managed to get through the first steps. I believe I successfully unlocked the bootloader and flashed the clockword recovery mod.

Then my problems begin here. The first time I tried to boot into the recovery mod I got some messages about daemon devices, but I read to just try again, so I turned it off and tried again and got in right.

I have gotten to the part where I am to push the sd card and now I'm stuck. I type in command.
Code:
adb push supersu.zip /sdcard/
I get the following returned on the cmd line, error: device not found.

Also after I type in
Code:
fastboot boot clockwork.img
My computer gives me the Found New Hardware Wizard.

I tried to copy the supersu.zip directly to the storage on the N7 but it still will not work.

I am completely stumped on what to do now and kind of worried stopping at this step will cause my tablet some kind of problem. Please help me out.

If you can't help me, at least tell me, can I use my Tablet as normal at this point without problems if I just stop at this step?

Last edited:

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Download the Wigs Toolkit and follow the instructions included. I tried for hours with the Nexus 7 Toolkit and it wouldn't work. 20 minutes with Wugs and I was rooted plus running CM10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If I saw this sooner I would have helped (better to post in my thread, not make another as it's hard to keep track). If you still need help, post here or in the main thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63