Nexus 7 now a blank slate (on purpose) How to add 4.2 Jelly Bean?

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As a ROM junkie, I tend to go through ROMs faster than socks, (which with all the running and jumping I do, is quite often, but I digress...) and one way or another end up cleaning out my N7 back to factory reset and starting from scratch. I've found it easier to figure out what ROM and Kernel work best together with what style of tablet use. The tablet is only an experiment, so I figured it wouldn't be that bad to wipe everything. ...But this time I really did wipe everything, including ROM and Kernel. the only thing left, it seems, is TWRP along with the usual system folders. I recently acquired a new laptop (old, runs Win XP), so i went to the task of downloading the essentials. ADK/SDK, ADB and the universal driver downloaded (thank you Zero Neck for that last one), I went to work. After a little trouble with the driver, everything was back to running smooth, except, 'adb devices' won't recognize it, even after driver was reinstalled. Looking around the forums here, I found I can upgrade my N7 from 4.1.0 to 4.1.2. With the tablet playing hide and seek with me (and winning) is there a way to manage 4.1.2? Any ROM and Kernel will do, I can change those later.
Thanks in advance, IGuy.

***EDIT***
Finally got it to move to recovery from the Google logo. I got TWRP, so I pressed the log button and this comes up
I know I jumped at it both feet first, but it gives me a chance to learn more. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20121203_114014.jpg
    IMG_20121203_114014.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay